• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who all has rolled or laid their bronco over

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Well besides me, driving on a trail next to a 8' drop off. edge gave away and slid on over%) not much damage, kids in the back thought it was funny%)
only once for me
my brother A LOT;D

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
I got run out of the road one night in my Dads 77. It was raining really hard and the cotton field was saturated. Thought it was going to slide to a stop until I saw that PTO ditch coming up. It rolled over one time. I would have been fine except for my pistol was laying on the passenger seat and it came up and hit me right in the side of the head! I know what it's like to get pistol whipped!

Attachments

• 77 Roll Over.jpg
    77 Roll Over.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I once had to drag my friends built CJ7 down narrow rocky trail about a hundred yards. It had a 401 and tons of power , over used it and put it on its side, no way to put on it on its wheels so I backed up the steep trail hooked it up and started dragging. It was Frazier Park.

It was prob 25 years ago but I still bring it up to him, Haa I’m still Laughing about that now

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
yes, yes I have... But only twice. :p

1st time, front drive shaft was broke so I was in 2 wheel drive going up a sandy grade. Rear started getting loose (locker). rather than get out of the gas and lose momentum, I steered to correct. That caused the rear to swing hard in the other direction and climb the embankment on the right... and over she went.

2nd time was carving a groove around this tree at SLSD near the beach. there was a dip at the top. when the front wheels hit it, it jostled my foot and depressed the stupid pedal a bit too much just as the back was coing over the hill... up and over again. I was extremely lucky the rear tire hooked the hill and kept me from going completely over.

Attachments

• dunes20032.JPG
    dunes20032.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 407
  • JLF_1162 (68 of 396).jpg
    JLF_1162 (68 of 396).jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 444

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did a slow motion tip on it's side (wife's side) on lower Helldorado many years ago.

Local Boy

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Oh boy...The good 'ol days!

Stood it on its front bumper/grill...Once.. Did not bother to look what was on the other side of the mountain top...:eek: Turns out "nothing", just a vertical 8 foot drop! Filled both foot wells with beer...:-[
Then had a head on collision with a tuna boat. Yup! A tuna boat...while docked!!! The boat actually stopped me from going into the water. Southern Comfort made me do it! %)
Laid it on its side...Twice :( Beer everywhere :mad:
Rolled and ended up on its lid (roll bars, 4pt.)...Once...
Propped the windshield up with chains on both ends and used yellow plexi glass as my windshield... Oh, the memories...driving through Waikiki like that...
Then the big one:
Hit a large boulder on the inside (drivers) front tire while trying to drift a turn on a dirt trail at @ 40 mph ... shot me into the air......rotated in the air (Dukes of Hazard style) and landed on the pass. side and continued to roll...and ended up on its lid... Stone cold sober...:cry: Considered that a hard lesson on how NOT to drive a 4x4 with locked axles...:mad:

It should be mentioned that all this happened when I was 18 and 19 years old... This bronco was my first car... I bought it for my own graduation present...back in 1981...

Ironically, this 'ol girl almost killed me...Yet, is the reason I'm still alive!!!:cool:

She has been with me through my worst moments, protected me when I was an absolute idiot...

We grew up together... and I'll never let her go... :cool:

Aloha

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Have flipped a CJ7,up high to. Rolled a '75 Bronco Ranger. Both were fix n put back on the road. Endo'ed an '85 GMC JIMMY (big style) it was totally destroyed.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin

1st time, front drive shaft was broke so I was in 2 wheel drive going up a sandy grade. Rear started getting loose (locker). rather than get out of the gas and lose momentum, I steered to correct. That caused the rear to swing hard in the other direction and climb the embankment on the right... and over she went.

2nd time was carving a groove around this tree at SLSD near the beach. there was a dip at the top. when the front wheels hit it, it jostled my foot and depressed the stupid pedal a bit too much just as the back was coing over the hill... up and over again. I was extremely lucky the rear tire hooked the hill and kept me from going completely over.

Did u make the most of it and re-torque all the chassis bolts? ;D ;D

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
77 Green bronco

The P.O. son rolled my 77 bronco over in collage in Hendersonville Tennessee, 1982 got it fixed Son got a concussion no roll bar I got it after it had a broken bolt in water pump sat for 20 years I got in it 2006 .It had a early hard life but not now

Attachments

• 1D245BAD-9355-4028-8DBB-9FAF8A49B81E.jpg
    1D245BAD-9355-4028-8DBB-9FAF8A49B81E.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 140

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
I wrecked my 77 this past summer. I ran into some pigs on the hiway. I don't remember the accident but looking at the truck I don't think it rolled. Front end took most of the damage, drivers side door and lower rear quarter definately hit the ground and the two passenger side tires beads popped of the wheels.

There's a thread on here that had some pictures that a forum member linked. Taken by the adjuster Haggerty sent out. They used it to help determine what to offer me which allowed me to keep the truck and pay for the damages. I'm mostly healed up now, well better described as healed up as good as I am going to get.

I'll get on the repairs after I get a couple other bronco projects done.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Those are not rollovers, it's just taking a rest.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Twice. Once in mine and once with Gordon at OCBR.
Rolled my first Bronco after one of the stock C bushings slid out and the front end shot sideways. Glad I had a roll bar.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I flopped one at the rally races last year.

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Rolled mine at 55mph almost 4 years ago. Scalped me, and should have probably killed me. By the grace of God, I survived, and am now better than ever.

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I wrecked my 77 this past summer. I ran into some pigs on the hiway. I don't remember the accident but looking at the truck I don't think it rolled. Front end took most of the damage, drivers side door and lower rear quarter definately hit the ground and the two passenger side tires beads popped of the wheels.

There's a thread on here that had some pictures that a forum member linked. Taken by the adjuster Haggerty sent out. They used it to help determine what to offer me which allowed me to keep the truck and pay for the damages. I'm mostly healed up now, well better described as healed up as good as I am going to get.

I'll get on the repairs after I get a couple other bronco projects done.

was wondering how your healing up buddy

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
never rolled one ... but sank/ U boated one ! just glad it was the 88 brick nose !

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On the lid around mile 11 2015 Norra Mex 1k . About 8 or 9 Broncos in the class that year. last place and hours behind 11 miles in, on the podium 3rd place a the end.

Attachments

• IMG_6024.jpg
    IMG_6024.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 120