• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stacey Davids Crazy Horse

mustanggarage

Contributor
hey all, I have been trying for some time now to find a copy of the trucks DVD where Stacey David built project Crazy Horse. I contacted Stacey David and he says he does not own the rights to that project DVD. so I contacted Powernation tv and they said they do not currently have it in DVD but that they would have the production team look into making it. and that they would get back to me. well its been a few weeks and no word so I thought if I could show them there is enough interest in the project maybe they would do it, so if any of you are willing please facebook messenger power nation tv and ask them to make the DVD. thanks https://www.facebook.com/PowerNationTV/

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 221

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
got to see that in person at OCBR..

pretty cool. Just didn't see much action

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey mustang, you may be beating a dead horse!!! I bought CH from Stacey and it seems there was a lot of mixed feelings about who had the rights to the video. Stacey owned the CH but the production company owned the film.
One of Stacey's reasons for selling CH and Copperhead was to fund his own production company, which he did, Rattletrap Productions.
Search You Tube, I know there's the clip where he takes it off road and some others on the build.
Good luck!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Contributor
Ng. I appreciate the thought but one of the moderators on Stacey David’s GearZ nation asked him and he said he does not own the rights to the show. Also you can stream the episodes on classic trucks season 4 if you are a power nation subscriber. I just watched an episode tonight. So the content is available on their website. I don’t think they could stream it if they did not own it. I would just like to get the whole thing in one DVD like the copperhead truck dvd I bought.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I remember watching every single episode. I remember that Canton oil pan giving problems or it might have been a milodon. But it was starving for oil when it went up hills. There's been enough changes in the Bronco accessories that he could build another one. And it could be a lot different than Crazy Horse so he wouldn't have to feel like he was doing the same thing over again.

I think we just need to lock him and Suzy Duff in a room together for a couple hours. They'll get something worked out and we'll get to see Stacy build us another early Bronco.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey I'm no lawyer, but "rights to the video", "rights to the show" and "owning the film" are all different terms. I believe RTM Productions was the producer of the original "Trucks" show (12-15 years ago) it has evolved or morphed into "Power Nation", which I believe is filmed at RTM Productions, in Franklin, TN.

The bottom line is, if a DVD is made and "sold", who gets the money???
The path of least resistance for all, is don't make & sell a DVD!!;D;D;D

ransil

Bronco Guru
Hey I'm no lawyer, but "rights to the video", "rights to the show" and "owning the film" are all different terms. I believe RTM Productions was the producer of the original "Trucks" show (12-15 years ago) it has evolved or morphed into "Power Nation", which I believe is filmed at RTM Productions, in Franklin, TN.

The bottom line is, if a DVD is made and "sold", who gets the money???
The path of least resistance for all, is don't make & sell a DVD!!;D;D;D

so if one would have a copy they might be able to make copies and leave them laying around for private viewing

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Contributor
I’m no lawyer either. I just thought that if we showed the people who have the video that there is enough interest they might think it is worth their while to figure out the legalities. Speculation is one thing. But I can’t see where it hurts to ask if people want it. If nobody but me is interested in getting a copy of it the point is mute. But if enough people are interested, money talks.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I am familiar with said vehicle...;)

Attachments

• 181168_408572572513960_38107793_n.jpg
    181168_408572572513960_38107793_n.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 246

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I loved that build series and the truck. Somehow I came across a dvd of it, but it wouldn;t play in any dvd player I had. Someone loaned me a copy, but like the one I originally had, it wouldn;t play in any of the dvd players either. That was so many years ago, I can't remember the details of it. Many life changes since then.

JD

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I loved that build series and the truck. Somehow I came across a dvd of it, but it wouldn;t play in any dvd player I had. Someone loaned me a copy, but like the one I originally had, it wouldn;t play in any of the dvd players either. That was so many years ago, I can't remember the details of it. Many life changes since then.

JD

i remember that;) still don't know if it works:-[

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

JD

do they still make DVDs? lol, ain't used one in forever #NET