• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build Impulse...Almost Start time...

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
*I guess I will make this my build thread for this rig. Gonna call it Build Impulse. ***

I made an impulse purchase this week that has me very excited. I wasn't going to say anything until it was here but the time has come..

It will be here in a few hours, I wasn't expecting it for another week or so...

So here is a teaser... Note: I'm not just getting what's in the picture...

Attachments

• BSB_3592.jpg
    BSB_3592.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
very cool, shouldn't you be working on something that is ticking;D

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
very cool, shouldn't you be working on something that is ticking;D

lol, probably, but it's easier to buy things than to fix things ;)

Tonight will be dedicated to the tick issue. Like I said above, this purchase was not supposed to be here for another week so I figured I'd have until then to fix the tick.

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
When it gets here and I provide additional pics, it will make more sense. ;)

Another hint, I did not buy from a vendor but rather from an individual.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice... Where are those from? Congrat man

Or rather yet, what brand are they.

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
That's the Protofab, right? It will be mine in October. Awaiting some money that should be here then.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
FANCY!!! Stout looking latch setup too.

Spill the beans man.

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Just another few hours and more pics will reveal everything. hehe.

I'm a little gitty right now, can you tell?

Another hint. I won't be fitting the bumper tonight. I will work on the tick issue...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Another hint. I won't be fitting the bumper tonight. I will work on the tick issue...

what ever you say buddy, your just saying that because the site will be down this weekend and we won't be able to check on you;D

Slim

Loc.
Costa Mesa
Very nice. I'd li,e some close up pics of the latch/lock system as well as the hinges.............please.

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
what ever you say buddy, your just saying that because the site will be down this weekend and we won't be able to check on you;D

LOL, you'll see .....

When the stuff arrives, I will take more pictures.

Hold that, here is a pic of the latch... The bumper is a protofab.

Attachments

• BSB_3597.jpg
    BSB_3597.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 420
OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Half the shipment has arrived. The bumper is going on this!!! WOOHOOOO

Some of you might recognize this beast.

It is a 69, 351w fuel injected with a 4rw70 tranny. The axles are stuffed with 4.88s, Lock-rite in the front and detroit in the back along with 31 spline axles. Warn winch in the front. POwer steering, power brakes (Hydro) and sic in the front, Baumanator tranny controller.

I will pick up the seats, cage, hood and bumper tomorrow morning and start putting this puppy together.

Again... WOOHOO

Attachments

• IMG_5187.jpg
    IMG_5187.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_5186.jpg
    IMG_5186.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_5185.jpg
    IMG_5185.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_5184.jpg
    IMG_5184.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_5182.jpg
    IMG_5182.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5181.jpg
    IMG_5181.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5180.jpg
    IMG_5180.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_5189.jpg
    IMG_5189.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_5190.jpg
    IMG_5190.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_5192.jpg
    IMG_5192.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_5193.jpg
    IMG_5193.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 307

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
now that's pretty cool buy a bumper and a bronco comes with it. where can i find deals like that;D

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
So a tad bit of history on this Impulse buy. I was getting myself stressed out in not having the white Bronco ready by this weekend and starting coming to the realization that if I am going to have a 76 Bronco as a daily driver, I need it to be solid but would be nice to have a backup. Thus the reason for the engine swap, new harness etc.

So this week, I started looking for a second vehicle. I looked at cars, trucks, and even... yes jeeps. I just couldn't find anything I liked that I was willing to spend money on and be happy. So I decided to buy another Bronco and hopefully, between the two of them, one will always be running ;)

With that said, I am going to redirect myself a bit. I am no longer going to continue building the white one to be both street and Trail. It will become my street queen. The 69 will be my trail king with the ability to be driven on the street for those times that the white one is not.

I'm not going to do it right now, but this will allow me to eventually take the body off the 76 (white one) and do a frame off while driving the red one.

I'm stoked and looking forward to the next few years of spending money. HAHA.