• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build Impulse...Almost Start time...

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Couple of updates:

The new engine is running great. Due to the cold, I haven't taken too many trips but a few short trips around town have been successful.

I finally got the bumper that started this entire build on and I love it!!!

Now on to some of the smaller details and preparation for repaint. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358096598.407241.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358096756.681629.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358096783.063976.jpg

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Oh, and I put a new hood on too.

It's my favorite of all the ones I've tried. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358096915.493852.jpg

OP
OP
Izzy

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've updated this thread. A lot has been going on which has kept me away but I have done a hand ful of things to the Bronco.

For starters, shortly after getting the engine running in January, I developed a severe leak form the rear main seal. Right as I discovered that, we decided to move and I didn't get it work on it for months. After we moved, I pulled the engine back out again and replaced the seal. So far so good there. With the engine out, I decided to go ahead and swap out the Xterra power steering box with the 4x4x2 I had on the shelve. I also swapped out the power steering lines with stainless steel ones. To round out that install, I added the PSC fluid resevoir.

With that done, I cleaned up the spark plug wires with cut to length MSD ones. I ordered some wire seperators but they haven't arrived yet so there are zip ties holding them together for now.

I got to test drive it a few miles and she's running great. Needs a little tweaking but it's getting there. The suspension was extremely soft though so I then replaced the shocks with Bilsteins. Keeping with the Impulse theme, I started looking at the Iditit columns and decided to throw that in with the shocks. Why not!!!

I always wanted those side steps on the rock skies and thanks to Duff's, I now have some. I still need to get them painted but not sure if I want to go body color or black.

While the Bronco was sitting, I had the front bumper powder coated glossy black to match the back bumper. Not just need to decide if I want to do the same with the rock skies.

Last for now, I cut the front fenders and installed the flares.

At this point I really need to get some miles on her and fine tune the EFI and 4r70w configurations together. Once I get that done, I'll start planning another paint job to get it back to one color again.

Until then, here are the pics. Again, lots of little clean up is still needed including tieing up some wires and stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg