• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Military Bronco History

wallen

Loc.
Church Hill, TN
I have a 66 U14 half cab that has rounded rear quarters in the back that has a factory lip, I do believe this is factory. Do you have any info on this or what it could have been used for?

John R. Thomas

Loc.
Waukesha
ARMY Bronco

In 1970, I was stationed at 9th Maint. Bn. at Idar-Oberstein in Germany.
We had a pair 67 Broncos. As the Commander's driver, I had the better of the pair.
It sure beat an M-151 jeep. This one had a 57 Ford radio under the dash.
It was great listening to AFN. It had a olive green finish like an Army sedan.
Did any survive? Any members own one?

TexasBartering

1967 Military Bronco for Trade

Hello, If it interests anyone I just traded into this 1967 bronco (military issue). Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this one? %) May be willing to trade for the right item. Located in Dripping Springs Texas. Here are some details at link below
http://www.buyop.com/49098/index.htm
Here are some pictures as well for the forum
1.jpg

23.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

18.jpg

15.jpg

fajr22

Navy Bronco

Any news on the military broncos?? I'm going through an extensive restoration right now and as best I can tell, mine is one of only a handful of Documented original Navy Broncos. I'm tracing it's lineage back to it's original base. Feel free to email me fajr22@yahoo.com or call 207-664-8699

CEB

Loc.
Oregon City, Oregon
Army bronco

Thank you for the research, I have a bronco that was requisitioned from Fort Lewis Washington Army Base by the Morrow County Sherrifs Office on 2-18-1975. It does not have the government tag but there are 4 screw holes in the factory dash. I was wondering if anyone had close pictures of the headlight guards or any other specific military only options as i would like to keep this close to original. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Welcome. Here's some headlight covers.

20150821_084123_zpslqepljnv.jpeg

I'm late to the party, but I'd like to know the VIN on that one. That appears to be a Whitco top, so it could be original hardware on the truck. Which would make it a U13.

Here is another pic of the headlight guards, the dash tag, and rear bumper. Those along with the fender mount mirrors are what were commonly equipped on the Military rigs:

Attachments

• 100_0036.jpg
    100_0036.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_1867.jpg
    100_1867.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_1882.jpg
    100_1882.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looks like that could also be one of the previous gen Bestops.

Todd Z.

John R. Thomas

Loc.
Waukesha
I was the commanders driver at a Maint. Bn in Idar Oberstien Germany back in 1970.
We had a pair of Broncos. Mine stood tall. It was sedan olive green. It sure beat an M-151
jeep. We seldom drove off pavement. Give me an email address and I will forward pictures.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I was the commanders driver at a Maint. Bn in Idar Oberstien Germany back in 1970.
We had a pair of Broncos. Mine stood tall. It was sedan olive green. It sure beat an M-151
jeep. We seldom drove off pavement. Give me an email address and I will forward pictures.

My dad wad at Giebelstadt Air Base from 68'-70'. I'd like to see pics when you get the chance, thanks! Btenn1@hotmail.com

1987325is

Im late as usual but I have a question. My bronco is titled as a 1970 and I have gone tthru the vin decoders etc and it seems my data plates are incomplete. The data plate on the glovebox door shows a DSO code of830025 which if Im reading correctly means 83 = Government what would the 0025 mean?. There is no color code on the plate either. Thank you for any info you may have

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Im late as usual but I have a question. My bronco is titled as a 1970 and I have gone tthru the vin decoders etc and it seems my data plates are incomplete. The data plate on the glovebox door shows a DSO code of830025 which if Im reading correctly means 83 = Government what would the 0025 mean?. There is no color code on the plate either. Thank you for any info you may have

Order a complete Marti Report, it should fill in the blanks. There's no way to no what the special order DSO was for with out one. Does your VIN match the VIN on the frame?

1987325is

I never knew there was one until I began reading this site haha. What is a Marti report?

1987325is

Order a complete Marti Report, it should fill in the blanks. There's no way to no what the special order DSO was for with out one. Does your VIN match the VIN on the frame?
sorry I went to google, wow some of those are expensive. My bronco is outside under a tent in utah snow right now I went out and opened the hood I can see the frame plate Im just a puss and dont want to lay uner there to clean it off, maybe Ill get my 14 year old to help me haha thank you