• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stereo for the Bronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I've been driving around with a bluetooth rechargable speaker for a few years and want to finally put a stereo in. I don't really care about AM/FM/Satellite, has anyone found a bluetooth only headunit? I'm planning to install the speakers in my home built center console and it'd be nice if I could put the headunit inside the console as well to control it through my phone.
0954a5961e73f3e745978a1b0c105ec7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lots of stuff out there.

Pretty pleased with my retro sound with single dual channel dash speaker sounds just fine.

I also have future plans head unit in jocky box and larger speaker pods. Say years from now.

All have bluetooth hands free Sirius.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I was thinking of using a stand alone amp with a BT adapter kind of like these. I have a cheapo BT touch screen head unit in my F250 and may run the same thing in the Bronco.
d2846c7b106a88c9cac0ec8bb521e25e.jpg
19cd5404394b5a26952bc21d53c05473.jpg
4a644cdb47f6f736ff23ed2a82dc0bfa.jpg

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Not exactly what you ask for, but I put in a Kenwood marine radio in my dash, the KMR-D365BT it does AM/FM/CD and Bluetooth as well as Sirius, Pandora, Iheart. Also has Aux ports in the face plate for USB and such.

I use it 99% of the time with blue tooth playing Amazon Prime music, you can see the songs name on the face plate and can control with cell phone or the radio.

I liked it because I don't have doors so I don't worry about it getting a little spray or if I get caught in the rain. Its design for boats.

They only cost about $100ish

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I recently bought a cheap $40 stereo from Pep Boys and had it installed for $40. FM stereo with aux. That's all I really need. However, the only problem...this cheap unit is hard to program the radio stations.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have speakers and a dongle all off of Spotify no head unit needed
Works well 6x9 s in the back panels and a box with an amp and dual 6 in speakers under the pass seat . I’m not a big stereo guy though

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I think you want something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Auto-4-...&sr=8-5&swrs=9F6816637A0ECCEF085C098EDE0A65D9
I use a bluetooth amp at home for some outdoor speakers and it works very well. I put a head unit and external 4 channel amp in my 67 before these really came out, so I'll live with what I have, but if I were to do it again, something like the unit above would be clean.
Omar
Thanks! Thats exactly what I'm looking for!

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
For durability bouncing around dusty trucks and especially the topless broncos I've had the best luck with pioneer stuff. I definitely avoid alpine stuff in a bronco. The 66 has a kenwood I got talked onto but after a couple years it quit working right

chriswitt

You don’t want Am/FM/satellite..... then skip the head unit altogether. I stream music from my phone thru 48” Wetsounds Soundbar with a subwoofer. It rocks. Simple to install.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I'd do the soundbar if wetsounds werent like 400 bucks. I'm trying to do bluetooth stereo on a budget

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
For durability bouncing around dusty trucks and especially the topless broncos I've had the best luck with pioneer stuff. I definitely avoid alpine stuff in a bronco. The 66 has a kenwood I got talked onto but after a couple years it quit working right

I am the opposite.

Grew up on Pioneer/Premiere but couldn't keep them going in the eb.
Been running Alpines for about 25 years now with no issues. Biggest issue used to be the cd player and all of the dust in our eb world. But the Alpines don't seem to care about the dust....but then again I do not listen to CD's as much as I used to....lol

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
crutchfield def has some good and quite a few options..

I was thinking of using a stand alone amp with a BT adapter kind of like these. I have a cheapo BT touch screen head unit in my F250 and may run the same thing in the Bronco.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any suggestions on getting rid of a hissing noise when the EB is running? It is clean and clear until the engine fires up.

csangster

Marine head unit

How do you like the Kenwood? I want to replace my current single din head unit with a marine version that I can expand later. Also replacing the in dash speaker with the retro sounds speaker. Will be putting marine canisters or sound bar in at a later date. I’m not trying to wake the dead, just want a little music for now: I’ll wake the dead later.

Not exactly what you ask for, but I put in a Kenwood marine radio in my dash, the KMR-D365BT it does AM/FM/CD and Bluetooth as well as Sirius, Pandora, Iheart. Also has Aux ports in the face plate for USB and such.

I use it 99% of the time with blue tooth playing Amazon Prime music, you can see the songs name on the face plate and can control with cell phone or the radio.

I liked it because I don't have doors so I don't worry about it getting a little spray or if I get caught in the rain. Its design for boats.

They only cost about $100ish

MrT

I am looking at a round JBL marine unit that can be dash mounted or in a tachometer mount. Several different companies make them.