• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blueprint motors

chuck1022

Contributor
I got to chat with them at Barrett Jackson......really put my mind at ease about what I am getting. I will be ordering that 235hp 317lbs ft engine from them.

jonpblewis@yaho

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Tell me more.
I've been looking at there stuff not sure what I want. Was thinking about their 306 Bronco motor 365hp/365fpt. I'll be turning a 4R70w with 4.88 gears on 35"s.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Tell me more.
I've been looking at there stuff not sure what I want. Was thinking about their 306 Bronco motor 365hp/365fpt. I'll be turning a 4R70w with 4.88 gears on 35"s.

They had initially steered me there....my bronco is stock....365hp would be ridiculous

If you order from them....let them know you are putting it in a. Bronco....they will put the right oil pan and imbalance on.

No blocks are bored more than 40 over....warranty covers personal installAtion...

They told me they build 50 engines a day...so they have this down

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Blueprint is one of the big boys. While still low cost, years ago they saw the market for quality and performance and snagged it. They have grown and appear to be doing good. They are doing brand new GM blocks that they are casting (pretty sure they are cost 3rd party, they just finish). This is well beyond the old school rebuilds of a cut crank, punched block and fill it with fresh bearings pistons and rings.

There are people at work that use them. Can't say anyone has had any issues. They do make a good street performance engine. Better then the stock rebuilds but not the full race engine. Proven parts with warranty, hard to go wrong.

235HP, nice mild engine. Sounds pretty much like you found the equilivent of a late 80's mustang 5.0 engine. Go for it.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Blueprint is one of the big boys. While still low cost, years ago they saw the market for quality and performance and snagged it. They have grown and appear to be doing good. They are doing brand new GM blocks that they are casting (pretty sure they are cost 3rd party, they just finish). This is well beyond the old school rebuilds of a cut crank, punched block and fill it with fresh bearings pistons and rings.

There are people at work that use them. Can't say anyone has had any issues. They do make a good street performance engine. Better then the stock rebuilds but not the full race engine. Proven parts with warranty, hard to go wrong.

235HP, nice mild engine. Sounds pretty much like you found the equilivent of a late 80's mustang 5.0 engine. Go for it.

I hope the 235hp is a nice reliable motor. Comes withe a holley 600...will put a sniper or fitech on it.

Broncoredneck

Loc.
Omaha NEBRASKA
I have there 408stroker with aluminum heads and is internal balanced. I put a Holley sniper on it. I had to change the oil pan to a bigger one for the stroke. From there shop it was 450hp and 467lbft on the Dyno sheet. This is an awesome engine in a bronco. They have treated me great. This was my second engine from them. The first had an issue but they worked with me and hooked me up with the engine I have now. Tech was very helpful and just everyone that I dealt with treated me great.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
I have there 408stroker with aluminum heads and is internal balanced. I put a Holley sniper on it. I had to change the oil pan to a bigger one for the stroke. From there shop it was 450hp and 467lbft on the Dyno sheet. This is an awesome engine in a bronco. They have treated me great. This was my second engine from them. The first had an issue but they worked with me and hooked me up with the engine I have now. Tech was very helpful and just everyone that I dealt with treated me great.

Glad to hear that you are happy with them.

I couldn't imagine driving my truck with that much horsepower and torque

I will probably crash and kill myself

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the direct feedback Broncoredneck. And welcome to classicbroncos by finally posting up!
Not that you haven't been here awhile of course. Just good to see you posting up.

What's the rest of your setup like?

Paul

eb-nutt1

Have a friend who recently had one of their 347's installed in his bronco, came with a quick fuel tuned Holley...he has been extremely pleased with it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Where are you finding a 235hp engine? I looked on their website and couldn't find it. I know they sell an essentially stock Mustang rebuild through Summit that has 225hp. Is that what you're getting?

Todd Z.

tirewater

Contributor
Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area

pipeline010

"....warranty covers personal installAtion..."

wow. already had my head there anyway, but..wow.

When I change my transmission so goes my engine. The $1800 long block high output 302 is a sweet spot for a stock-ish rig without rattling the bolts off imo.

edit: tirewater just linked the one I mentioned.

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
wow. already had my head there anyway, but..wow.

When I change my transmission so goes my engine. The $1800 long block high output 302 is a sweet spot for a stock-ish rig without rattling the bolts off imo.

edit: tirewater just linked the one I mentioned.

They said that when you buy a motor from them, they will call you a couple days later and touch base with you about the installation and the break in process and all that stuff. They said that they have had good luck with this process and minimizing damage to Motors by doing this one-on-one contact

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor

I am not a high horsepower guy......an engine that makes 460hp at 6500rpm is useless to me.

I must be an 83 year old man stuck in a 43 year old mans body......i like exhausr manifolds...2 into one exhaust....

Hold one...i will finish later...i have to go yell at kids in the neighborhood!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Hold on...i will finish later...i have to go yell at kids in the neighborhood!!

Hah! I still remember the time my good buddy, who was himself the total Ricky-Racer-Neighborhood-Rat terrorizer of the block, was standing there talking to me when a kid on a bike rode by slightly faster than recommended. He lit out towards the street and yelled down at him to slow down.

The priceless moment came about five seconds after that, when the recognition that he'd just turned into his dad drove home.
We had a good laugh about it for years after that. Quite the transitional moment.

Paul

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
Well, you got me interested. Not familiar with that company so I checked it out. Now I’m wishing I needed a motor.....

I am in no way affiliated with Blueprint!!!!!! They were friendly people. I am gonna order a motor from them.....it will be a total lemon...

then I will talk about how awful they are.....cause its the internet