• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

O2 Bung Source and location on Exp EFI

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
can someone post a link for the bungs. Also need the location on the exhaust pipe, running stock 2001 exhaust manifolds. My exhaust is going to be two pipes down the passenger frame rail with an x pipe and into a two in two out muffler. hope to get exhaust run over the Christmas holidays.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
In the past I would buy M18x1.5 half nuts from the bolt shop. Today they are easy to come by. Even Amazon has them. 10 pack for $20 or a single for $5. https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1110...544279639&sr=8-10&keywords=oxygen+sensor+bung
Any exhaust shop will have them as well.

As for placing, after all the exhaust ports have converged. But you also want it on the top of the pipe. Upper side of the pipe if that is all you have room for. Bottom of the pipe is worst. It has to do with the water vapor in the exhaust condensing and collecting on the sensor as the engine cools off.

You can't have any leaks in front of the sensor either. A leak out is also a leak in and that adds a little fresh oxygen and makes for a detected lean condition that really isn't.

kempco

I marked where I wanted mine with a sharpie, then pulled the pipes off and brazed bungs on that I purchased online.