• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Mike Hewett

They said the tailgate was hinged, the 2 door and 4 door have a different grill, the grill was flat with Bronco across it in block letters, lots of skid plates, manual and auto transmissions, removable and storable top, would not disappoint us as it was very true to the original, but modern. Wash out floors, with some silicone switches. It had to be crash tested with 7-8 models with the winch bumper

4:1 transfer case, front and rear lockers, 5.0 engine standard with optional 3.5 high output ecoboost, and optional solid dana 50 front axle

Last edited:

crawln68

Bronco Guru
If the solid front axle is out, then I sure hope that there is a V8 option. The V8 is a deal killer for me.

SavageBurro

If the solid front axle is out, then I sure hope that there is a V8 option. The V8 is a deal killer for me.

I sure hope the same and prefer naturally aspirated v8, but curious why it's a deal killer for ya?

I've driven and towed w F150 that has 5.0 v8 and 3.5 ecoboost. I like both but actually prefer the 3.5 in that truck.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I sure hope the same and prefer naturally aspirated v8, but curious why it's a deal killer for ya?

I've driven and towed w F150 that has 5.0 v8 and 3.5 ecoboost. I like both but actually prefer the 3.5 in that truck.

That 3.5 dual turbo truck with a tuner is downright scary/fun!!!!
Lol

roundhouse

Bronco Guru

More reliable long term
And less maintenance

You can’t get a V8 in the expedition anymore , sure won’t be able to get one in the new bronco that’s much smaller and lighter

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
If I can't haul the old bronco with it safely, I won't be buying it. I'm old and cheap and only have 2 spaces in my garage. I need a tow SUV right now for my Bronco! When my wife's Ridgeline dies then I will have room in her bay. It's14yo but only 110k miles, going to be a while :(!!!!

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
If I can't haul the old bronco with it safely, I won't be buying it. I'm old and cheap and only have 2 spaces in my garage. I need a tow SUV right now for my Bronco! When my wife's Ridgeline dies then I will have room in her bay. It's14yo but only 110k miles, going to be a while :(!!!!
Way way off topic... But what is appeal of the Ridgeline? I can't figure those things out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
For me : Ummmm, it makes my wife happy!

For others, same can be said about the El Camino/Impala wagon and Ranchero/Country Squire. Ridgeline/Pilot. Not really a pickup, not really a car. My best guess.

Back on topic, Ridgeline cannot tow the Bronco....... safely! I would only want the 2 door new Bronco. I would think it would be too short a wheelbase to tow my eb. If Ford hits a home run, I might be looking for a house with a bigger garage!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

The new Ranger tows 7500 lbs with the 2.7 EcoBoost. That might be a good clue as to tow rating of the new Bronco 4 door. My trailer and Bronco weigh in at around 6500-7000 lbs. So it's possible the new Bronco could do tow vehicle service certainly better than your Ridgeline does now, if you are indeed using the Ridgeline now to tow.

Edit: Just saw your follow-on post. Pretty sure it will take the 4 door new Bronco to get the needed tow capacity.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
The new Ranger tows 7500 lbs with the 2.7 EcoBoost. That might be a good clue as to tow rating of the new Bronco 4 door. My trailer and Bronco weigh in at around 6500-7000 lbs. So it's possible the new Bronco could do tow vehicle service certainly better than your Ridgeline does now, if you are indeed using the Ridgeline now to tow.

Edit: Just saw your follow-on post. Pretty sure it will take the 4 door new Bronco to get the needed tow capacity.

2.7L?!? I thought the standard for the new Ranger was 2.3L.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just throwing this out there, while turbos are "cool" factor and do some pretty interesting things to little motors. Nothing works worse in PHX pulling away from a stop light in 117 degree weather than a turbo powered car. I know, I've owned two, and one mini S right now. Air conditioning? Not until you get some air moving through the engine bay. I think supercharging would be a better solution with less heat.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Way way off topic... But what is appeal of the Ridgeline? I can't figure those things out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My dad has a 2018. I have to say that if I didn't need to tow the bronco, it would be the perfect truck for 95% of what people do with trucks, and it does all of the car stuff that people do with trucks infinitely better. The ride is better, the fuel economy is better than about every other truck out there, handling is better, it is all just better.

If you want a truck for looks, lifting, heavy towing, or significant offroading, then a more traditional truck would be better. If you just need a truck to tote occasional materials, haul a light trailer or boat, and want to carry 5 people, the ridgeline should get a serious look.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
My bad. You're correct. 2.3L EcoBoost, 270 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque.

If only the new Bronco would get the 3.5L . . . !

That would be a decent engine. I'm trying to see if I could test drive a new Ranger. That way I can make up my mind on the performance. Someone at work, from the other school I work at, has a Ranger. I need to befriend him and then hit him with the, "Hey, can I drive your truck?!?". I'm sure that will get a weird reaction.

willtel

wktisq63sfuvgqzdekyu.png

eb-nutt1

Ridgelines are as lonesouth described, the truck that 75% of truck owners need, but want buy...I work as a outside contractor where they build ridgelines/pilots/new passport...great truck for their intended purpose if you can get past the aesthetics of it.