• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Ca

AndoAlto

open

Multi point fuel injected out of an '89 Crown Vic 302 and rail mounted eletronic fuel pump with in-line filter.

C4 transmission out of a 73 bronco with forced air cooled mounted on the the inner fender well.

B&M Megashifter ratchet style lock-out shifter.

Dana 20 transfer case with twin stick modification. Front axel detent retained so it doesnt allow for front axel only capability.

Dana 44 front axel from a 74 bronco with 32 sline axels, detroit locker and 4.56 gears

Rear is a small bearing 9in with 31 spline axels, detroit locker and 4.56 gears from a 1972 bronco.

First gen bronco heavy duty power steering conversion kit for rock crawling, with f-350 gearbox.

Tie rod over kit to raise the tie rod for clearance, made out of DOM tubing with Chevy 1 ton tie rod ends.

90A alternator

9000lb winch

Tom Woody extended rear drive line

5 in lift from Tom's Bronco Parts

2 inch body lift

2x7 reinforced steel rock skis under each door

Best Top soft top with fiberglass door inserts

Herculiner in tub

Spare tire carrier swings on a 1/2 ton bearing so it can be tightened without having the carrier drop when opened

OP
OP
A

AndoAlto

Is it worth it?

If not, how much?

Lookinf forward to your comments

OP
OP
A

AndoAlto

Didn't catch it in time before the post was removed to get more of the pics. That's the only one I saved. But, what do you think about the bones? As my title says, I'm a "newbie"

OP
OP
A

AndoAlto

I’m going to see it and wanted some input before I do so, so that I could ask the right questions and look for anything you all suggest.

JGO

Contributor
It's a wheeler and seems like it was built many years ago. It's probably going to be a little raspy and require some work. It's resale value goes down when the body is cut for the trail like that. If you like it, buy it! You are in great negotiating position on a Bronco like that because there are less people targeting them IMO. Hope this helps! Jim

OP
OP
A

AndoAlto

Thanks a bunch, Jim. That does help a lot and is much appreciated.

OP
OP
A

AndoAlto

It's a wheeler and seems like it was built many years ago. It's probably going to be a little raspy and require some work.

Is there something that is considered by the general consensus on the forum to be "a happy medium" between a 4.56 set up and one that is of a lesser ratio? So that it could be used as a daily driver and one that can also be used on the trail (albeit maybe not as super imposing of a trail)?

I'm thinking whether i'd have to change the 4.56 so that I can take it out on the highway comfortably...as I type this, I feel my "newb-ness" trust me...and would you suggest any other changes in the bones listed above to make it more of a daily but also remain some of its monsterous character?

I'm just trying to figure costs in "making it mine" as they say.

JGO

Contributor
Is there something that is considered by the general consensus on the forum to be "a happy medium" between a 4.56 set up and one that is of a lesser ratio? So that it could be used as a daily driver and one that can also be used on the trail (albeit maybe not as super imposing of a trail)?

I'm thinking whether i'd have to change the 4.56 so that I can take it out on the highway comfortably...as I type this, I feel my "newb-ness" trust me...and would you suggest any other changes in the bones listed above to make it more of a daily but also remain some of its monsterous character?

I'm just trying to figure costs in "making it mine" as they say.

I don't enjoy driving them until they are done. To me "done" means modernized with overdrive drivetrain of some type and good brakes. I usually install Explorer drivetrains that gets you fuel injection and a 4 speed automatic. Cost will add up no matter what so you might as well build something nice that will be worth a lot. I have a 69 for sale for $20k that with another $10k put in will be worth $60k or so if you turn your own wrenches.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I don't enjoy driving them until they are done. To me "done" means modernized with overdrive drivetrain of some type and good brakes. I usually install Explorer drivetrains that gets you fuel injection and a 4 speed automatic. Cost will add up no matter what so you might as well build something nice that will be worth a lot. I have a 69 for sale for $20k that with another $10k put in will be worth $60k or so if you turn your own wrenches.

Don't blame ya....