• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Bronco Ranger - Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Final color has not been decided yet. I have always wanted to do a Wimbledon White Ranger, but original Dark Jade Metallic has not been ruled out.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
Final color has not been decided yet. I have always wanted to do a Wimbledon White Ranger, but original Dark Jade Metallic has not been ruled out.

Can you post a couple pics of your 76? I'm thinking of a new color for my 70. Thanks, Jim ;)

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The 76 Decor Build - Build thread has a few pictures with Magnetic Paint there.

Justinagain

rguest3, May I ask what your WWR build would look like? Grill color, stripe color, ect... Please elaborate, as I am new to my original '76 WWR UBR, and very curious about it's (Stripe Delete) in the Marti, and what color of stripe might have come with a Wimbledon White Ranger w/Blue Ranger interior.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Exterior - Rangers would have the Argent Grill Center, Grill Trim, Upper Door Frame Trim, Windshield Trim and Trim around each Hard Top Window. Chrome Bumpers and Hub Caps would be included as well.

Interior - Rangers had the Houndstooth Front and Rear seats. Door Panels and Rear Quarter Trim Panels and matching carpet. Maybe even a convenience group option on the dash.

I would expect that most Wimbledon White Rangers would have the Stripe Delete too since the Ranger Stripe Kit is White as well. (small orange accent stripe is also present in the stripe kit).

I will not install the stripe kit if I was going with the Wimbledon White as the final color.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. Some of them require a lot more time than I can give them sometimes.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I finally got the time to install the Rear WH Suspension today. The WH 2 1/2" Front was installed back in December.

WH 2 1/2" Rear Springs
Heavy Duty Plates and U-Bolts
Super Shackles - Didn't have to deal with the old original corroded shackles. Makes the job a lot quicker.
New Bushings and Hardware
Bilstein Shocks

I removed an unknown pair of shocks and what I believe were original springs with an Add-A-Leaf installed. The ride is literally night and day. Really no comparison. It has a very smooth ride and MUCH more enjoyable to drive. Which I will do even more now.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I installed a Rampage, Diamond Black Soft Top this afternoon. I laid the top out in the sun while I was installing all the Frame Rails, Brackets, Header Rail and Bows. I've had a problem before when trying to snap the rear inside of the top onto the Rear Bow. The heated fabric helped a lot to get it stretched out side-to-side and fully snapped.

I'll run the top without the windows for awhile. Kinda like a large Bikini or Safari Top for now. I really like the "Diamond" material. Very strong and seems to be durable. Nice top and very easy install in about 2-3 hours total.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've cleaned up the Engine compartment this past week.

Re-Painted Original Valve Covers and Air Cleaner (Ford Dark Blue)
New Plugs and Plug Wires.
New Battery Cables and Starter Cable

I also been driving this truck on a weekly basis. Very nice to drive. I'm trying to get some extra time in before the rainy season starts here and it's just too damn hot without A/C.

Justinagain

Sounds like it's going well, I've done a few things to mine as well...

Attachments

• file1-16.jpg
    file1-16.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 37
  • file-29.jpg
    file-29.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Although I have been driving and very much enjoying this 77 Bronco, I have decided to sell it. I have another project on the way soon (71 F-100, Short Bed 4x4) and this one is on the short list to sell.

Expect to see this one for sale soon in classifieds here and eBay.