• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early 66 Wiring

U13FL735

I have a 67 Shop Manual that works for most everything, but its not much help for the wiring. Would like something on dash wiring that's accurate. Should I :
A. Get the 66 Preliminary Shop Manual
B. Get the 66 Truck Manual Set
C. Suck it up/Get thru it as best as possible?

OP
OP
U

U13FL735

I did see that, and use it Mike, thanks. Its those early 66 differences that are biting me, and I'm thinking no one put them on paper.

OP
OP
U

U13FL735

That 2nd one is getting close 1strodeo, do you know what manual its from?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If you're talking about the second pic in the first thread, it's either from my 66 Shop Manual or Preliminary Shop Manual, I could tell you for sure this evening, because even though I tore all the pages out of both manuals and put them into doc protectors, the preliminary shop manual pages were probably 50 years old but the shop manual was a reprint from JBG, so theyre obviously different colors

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you have the time, or the inclination, you could document (at least by mentioning them here specifically) the oddities you run into. That would help greatly since there have not been that many documented early '66 re-wires here. Sure, plenty of them have been re-done, but not many were talked about in detail.

Just curious initially to hear what you're running into right now that has given you trouble.

Is it something simple like different wire colors? Or is it routing and function changes?

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
U

U13FL735

I'm down to about 4 unsolved mysteries,

1. the large black wire that goes thru the loop on the amp meter...I know it starts at the solenoid + terminal, goes thru the firewall connector, splices with 4 behind the dash, and one of those 4 goes thru the loop...after that, I don't know...I'm pretty sure it does NOT go back thru one of the 2 firewall connectors.
2. A apparently unused 1895 bulb socket, with a short white/red wire, and a green/black wire...I'm guessing 4 way flasher...which is not on my Bronco.
3. Another unused 1895 bulb socket, with a green/black, and a yellow.
4. Questions about the windshield washer pump...where does power come from...and where do those wires go thru the firewall.
Besides that Paul, I'm good!
Thanks

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I'm down to about 4 unsolved mysteries,

1. the large black wire that goes thru the loop on the amp meter...I know it starts at the solenoid + terminal, goes thru the firewall connector, splices with 4 behind the dash, and one of those 4 goes thru the loop...after that, I don't know...I'm pretty sure it does NOT go back thru one of the 2 firewall connectors.
2. A apparently unused 1895 bulb socket, with a short white/red wire, and a green/black wire...I'm guessing 4 way flasher...which is not on my Bronco.
3. Another unused 1895 bulb socket, with a green/black, and a yellow.
4. Questions about the windshield washer pump...where does power come from...and where do those wires go thru the firewall.
Besides that Paul, I'm good!
Thanks

#1 It goes back out through the upper hole on the drivers corner.

Attachments

• 20170705_151808.jpg
    20170705_151808.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
U

U13FL735

Vipe, that's what I needed to know, thanks...is that wire alone? Could you tell what the others are under it? Mine is #735001. how close is yours...and thanks again!
Bob

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Vipe, that's what I needed to know, thanks...is that wire alone? Could you tell what the others are under it? Mine is #735001. how close is yours...and thanks again!
Bob

That wire is alone in that hole. The hole right below it appear to be the front light wires. Below that is rear light and fuel tank.

This pic is from 770365. Not as early as yours but wiring is the same as other early ones I've seen.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Should help the other guy that a couple of weeks ago could not find that second branch of the circuit that went out to the alternator. I have seen those wires come out of lots of different holes over the years, but didn't know (or at least remember) that one to tell him.
Hopefully he's already rolling, or maybe will see your discussion and have his "ah ha!" moment.

Please keep us up to date on your progress. Always interesting to hear about '66 projects.

Paul