• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2019 NORRA Mexican 1000

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sure hope the have more ice and water this year! Ran out that year.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Mileage and Pit maps are out..
f88f7d15278e957e00a7f55a9ecb8abd.jpg
5a729a731b37d731913e6963d685129e.jpg
ee198f45723dd1b21fe5c10468f405e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looks like another great course! I'm hoping they're running Frog Canyon again this year - it was a lot of fun last year. We'll go to the Pacific side on day 4 instead of up and over the mountains and down to the Sea of Cortez.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
.. We'll go to the Pacific side on day 4 instead of up and over the mountains and down to the Sea of Cortez.

Todd Z.

Just noticed that. I used to look forward to that view coming over the coastal mountains.
It looks like no problemo making dinner the first 2 days and at Cabo!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like a good possibility that the finish line will be back downtown!

landshark99

Bronco Guru
We are starting to pack - last of the spare parts and extra gear is inbound. Chase truck is 90% prepped.

What are the plans for traveling back north from Cabo? I had planned on leaving Sunday morning and taking two days via San Felipe and exiting Mexicali or Yuma. I would love to caravan up but understand most will probably leave Saturday morning.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well some of us are flying out of SJDC on Sat and others on the team are driving back up. So that tells you exactly nothing....However I would advise to caravan if at all possible and don't drive at night if possible. I've done both on my way back up and got away with it but I sure wouldn't do it again if at all possible.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We are starting to pack - last of the spare parts and extra gear is inbound. Chase truck is 90% prepped.

What are the plans for traveling back north from Cabo? I had planned on leaving Sunday morning and taking two days via San Felipe and exiting Mexicali or Yuma. I would love to caravan up but understand most will probably leave Saturday morning.

We leave Friday morning (skip the party) due to work/family obligations.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser

Hey Chris, Good to start the packing process early in case you think of something that needs to be ordered. Is the 4wd party van your chase? That's awesome if it is. I've always wanted one.

We have initially planned to leave Sat morning and get home Wed to keep daily driving to a maximum of 6-8 hours per day. We want to make it easy this year. We will be going through the Western border at TJ Wed. am, but if you choose to caravan with us we could go all the way to the 1/5 split with you. There will be several rigs leaving Saturday (always are) and I'm sure several on Sunday as well, so as long as you leave in the morning you should end up in a group. There are so many it's almost impossible to not end up with someone unless you leave a few days later.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
We leave Friday morning (skip the party) due to work/family obligations.

Todd Z.

You're gonna miss the PARTY! Well, family comes first. Can I give your trophy acceptance speech for you? ;D

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Hey Chris, Good to start the packing process early in case you think of something that needs to be ordered. Is the 4wd party van your chase? That's awesome if it is. I've always wanted one.

We have initially planned to leave Sat morning and get home Wed to keep daily driving to a maximum of 6-8 hours per day. We want to make it easy this year. We will be going through the Western border at TJ Wed. am, but if you choose to caravan with us we could go all the way to the 1/5 split with you. There will be several rigs leaving Saturday (always are) and I'm sure several on Sunday as well, so as long as you leave in the morning you should end up in a group. There are so many it's almost impossible to not end up with someone unless you leave a few days later.

yup, van is the chase. Hopefully works out, we have been prepping it for the last few months with some options to make it a little more plush :)

We plan on driving the same - 6-8 hours a day until the border. Most of us need to be back in Denver on Wednesday Night - once we hit the states we will drive non-stop.

We have one crew flying out out from Cabo so there will be 4 of us in the van to San Felipe where one of the crew will be getting off to head back to Ensenada where they live. I figured there would be tons of racers on the road headed north but just thought I would ask.

I have quite a few family and friends flying into Cabo for the end of the race (including my wife) and I wanted a day or two to decompress so we are staying until Sunday. Its been a long 9 months - already

Last edited:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Chris, building a race rig in a year is an undertaking no one can understand who hasn't done it. Congratulations on just getting the thing done!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I have quite a few family and friends flying into Cabo for the end of the race (including my wife) and I wanted a day or two to decompress so we are staying until Sunday. Its been a long 9 months - already

Our team wives and some of the family and friends are flying in as well. My kids (19 & 22) love Cabo and are really looking forward to it. It will be a great time at the finish line!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Well, it looks like they won't be releasing the course maps until Thursday 4/25 because of those knuckleheads that pre-ran illegally last year. They should have just booted them out of the race to make a point, not punish the rest of us.

It made things a lot easier when they released them a few days earlier. You could make sure everything was loaded correctly on your GPS devices at home and that also made it easier to plan for fuel & pit stops.

We leave Thursday morning and I know BajaBronco is leaving Thursday as well to do the drive to So CA. I'm sure landshark will be leaving around then too to make his long trek.

Now we'll have to depend on the hotel wifi to download it in Ensenada, but what's a little added pressure before a 1300 mile race between friends, right? ;D

Another case where a few cheaters make it tougher for everyone else.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I wasn't aware of knuckleheads pre-running last year but I'm not surprised. Ruining it for all the others. Thanks for the heads-up on the maps.

Todd Z.

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Ya that sucks. We grabbed a house not far from the start in Ensenada that supposedly has internet. I’m sure everyone will just saturate the one Internet provider on Thursday when they Release it, lol.

We plan on rolling through SoCal Thursday morning at some point. Leaving denver Wednesday evening and will be Traveling I-70 to I-15 and straight down. We might have a stop in upland to grab our shirts if all goes well.