• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Backspace on fuel rims ?

RLB57

Yes I did use t search button but found many different answers
So I have a 73 with a 2.5 suspension lift and a 1” body lift . My question is about back spacing . I am purchasing fuel hostage 17x9 5x5.5
However I am not sure the backspacing that would be perfect , not stick out not be to far in or rub. I’ve seen many guys with fuel rims on there broncos but no one includes info like this . Any help and specially if you have these and a photo would be great. thank you

o2bnmud

My Fuel Anza beadlocks have 4.5" back space, and I used wheel spacers to keep them from rubbing the shocks.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
In case you need to know the backspacing on the " Fuel " wheels click on the link at the top of the page to WHs. Then go to wheels then to Fuel then click the individual wheel you're interested in. They list all the pertinent info on that wheel there -- except if and how much spacing you'll need .

OP
OP
R

RLB57

In case you need to know the backspacing on the " Fuel " wheels click on the link at the top of the page to WHs. Then go to wheels then to Fuel then click the individual wheel you're interested in. They list all the pertinent info on that wheel there -- except if and how much spacing you'll need .

Thank you. I see most of that info I needed I just wasn’t sure if that 4.50 back spacing would change on a different style of fuel wheel they don’t carry at WH but I think I will be fine going with the 4.5.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
To space or not to space that is the question. Most Fuels that fit the Bronco use the 4.5 back spacing. Personally I like the 3.5 space used on the US Mag Indy. Just got back from the maiden voyage with the new Fuel Zepyers and Toyo 37s I did run 1.25" spacers. Don't know if this helps but all worked well.

Jim

OP
OP
R

RLB57

Thanks guys ordered them today ! I guess I will pick up a 1” and a 1/2 inch spacers and see what looks best for my liking.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the same suspension modifications as you. 2.5" suspension with 1" body lift. I used the Fuel Anza 17x8.5 wheels with 4.5" backspacing. The tires are Toyo 285x75x17.

Attachments

• IMG_7590.jpg
    IMG_7590.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 61

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
I'd like 2 C that OP~

The way you listed whaja got is enuff off the norm to throw my lill pea sz brain into default.
33X10.50-15
/OR/
275/70R17
Is standard or metric in more understandable tire terms. Could you relist in this format? May B ur listing the actual wheel rather than tire?

Thnx…