• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another 73 Stroppe

mjschneidy

Nice work, Michael! I think that carpet looks great in lieu of the unobtanium mats.

Todd Z.

Thanks Todd, and if you ever get back to Metro Detroit look us up. Mike

attachment.php

Attachments

• 891A0918-02CA-4CCD-8E39-43589167B778.jpeg
    891A0918-02CA-4CCD-8E39-43589167B778.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

andyp

Contributor
I agree with Todd, looks great. I like the carpet alternative.
Also nice job on fabricating the seat belt brackets.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Very Very nice...

Last winter we focused on the interior, new carpet, seat covers and foam, a center console, and shoulder belts.

The tub is surprisingly very clean. Does appear as if a portion of the front foot well was replaced on both side but nicely done.

Since the original vinyl parchment mats are pretty much unobtainable right now I went with an ACC loop carpet in a sand color that looks really good with the parchment interior. Also very pleasantly surprised at how well the mass backed ACC carpet fit, looks factory installed. I did have to cut the rear and re-sew the edge piping due to the stroppe roll bar but can’t fault ACC for that. Tip - RockAuto had by far the best price on ACC carpet shipped to my door.

Seat covers are reproduction original style from Distinctive Industries. Color, sew patterns, and fit were very good. New foam. Restored all the frames front and rear.

I did make two more non production upgrades, a Lock and Load center console from Wild Horses, and shoulder belts. Intent for this truck from day one was to make it a great driver, and we drive it everywhere. Work, errands, out to dinner, my wife even drives it on her errands, we use it.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I love that your goal is to have a Bronco to use. It's always good when the wife is enjoying the Bronco as much as you.

syndicate1

Contributor
Last winter we focused on the interior, new carpet, seat covers and foam, a center console, and shoulder belts.

The tub is surprisingly very clean. Does appear as if a portion of the front foot well was replaced on both side but nicely done.

Since the original vinyl parchment mats are pretty much unobtainable right now I went with an ACC loop carpet in a sand color that looks really good with the parchment interior. Also very pleasantly surprised at how well the mass backed ACC carpet fit, looks factory installed. I did have to cut the rear and re-sew the edge piping due to the stroppe roll bar but can’t fault ACC for that. Tip - RockAuto had by far the best price on ACC carpet shipped to my door.

Seat covers are reproduction original style from Distinctive Industries. Color, sew patterns, and fit were very good. New foam. Restored all the frames front and rear.

I did make two more non production upgrades, a Lock and Load center console from Wild Horses, and shoulder belts. Intent for this truck from day one was to make it a great driver, and we drive it everywhere. Work, errands, out to dinner, my wife even drives it on her errands, we use it.

I'm finally getting around to ordering new carpet this week. My '74 Explorer is also built to be driven and it originally came with cutpile carpet BUT I really like the look of your loop carpet. I don't know what it is but there's something about cutpile carpet that reminds me of grandma's Cadillac, the loop carpet just looks like it was meant to be in a bronco.

I noticed that your rear carpet has piping.... Did you install a transition strip trim in between the front and rear carpet for a seamless look? And did you install carpet over the wheel wells? Any pics of the final installation?
It would be helpful seeing the final look of the rear carpet installation, specifically the area in between the front & rear seats and also behind the rear seat.

Thanks!

mjschneidy

I noticed that your rear carpet has piping.... Did you install a transition strip trim in between the front and rear carpet for a seamless look? And did you install carpet over the wheel wells? Any pics of the final installation?
It would be helpful seeing the final look of the rear carpet installation, specifically the area in between the front & rear seats and also behind the rear seat.

Thanks!

It does have piping around the entire perimeter so I did not install any transition or hold down strips. The rear section simply over laps on top of the front and looks very natural. I didn’t install the wheel well or tailgate covers since I do not have the rear side panels.

I’ll take a couple photos when I get it back later this week, it’s currently on loan to the Ford Design Studio.

syndicate1

Contributor
It does have piping around the entire perimeter so I did not install any transition or hold down strips. The rear section simply over laps on top of the front and looks very natural. I didn’t install the wheel well or tailgate covers since I do not have the rear side panels.

I’ll take a couple photos when I get it back later this week, it’s currently on loan to the Ford Design Studio.

Thanks for the reply. Can’t wait to see the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjschneidy

Attachments

• 36D99E73-B078-4B5F-9801-DB05C8DE40D9.jpg
    36D99E73-B078-4B5F-9801-DB05C8DE40D9.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DC9F9E5B-1AD2-4DD1-AF3D-27808C3AE304.jpg
    DC9F9E5B-1AD2-4DD1-AF3D-27808C3AE304.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 92
  • 29053084-EB3E-4A97-AD9E-E4AA8B45BF74.jpg
    29053084-EB3E-4A97-AD9E-E4AA8B45BF74.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 77