• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SD Scam Alert

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
They should be hung by their "short & curlies" and whipped with a timing chain and serpentine belt.

indio22

I saw this same Bronco with same photos/price posted on Craigslist outside of Milwaukee. This is the 4th time I've seen a Bronco posted for a price that looked suspicious, and after some digging found it posted in multiple locations around the country.

So what do these scammers do, take photos from a legit Bronco posted for sale somewhere like eBay, and then make new posts on Craigslist using the photos and see who bites? Since they actually don't have the vehicle, I wonder how the scammers make any money? Maybe they convince a sucker to send cash as down payment or to hold the vehicle, then disappear?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the phone number if you want to play around

(724) 381-4375

They have different seats though, different lights, maybe different trucks? Ebay looks legit as its a guy with hundreds of sales

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Both the Bismarck and San Fran craigslist ads have the same phone # and it is a southwest Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area) exchange. Now, that could be a cell phone number and the person kept it and moved, but they likely don't live in Bismarck, South Dakota and San Francisco at the same time, right?

pipeline010

I think the game plays something like - "I inherited the truck from my father in law / ex husband..I just need it gone...I've had a lot of interest I'm surprised....if you want it for sure I guess you can give a deposit and I can hold it for you..."

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sent email to ebay sale telling him his photos have probably been hacked and scam sale going on.

Rockyballbuster

Anyone seen this scam before? Here's another scam out of Wichita. These guys sent pics and vid. When I ordered an inspection, they told me it was sold. Saw it on CL in CA, contacted them via a diff phone no. and they told me it was for sale. LOL. The CL ad is now pulled. Anyone recognize this Bronco ?

http://cars4dealsllc.com/?paged=2&page_id=8

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've seen that picture of a Bronco several times, but I can't remember where. I often do multiple Craigslist searches for different areas around Kentucky.

OP
OP
stevew

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
The Craigslist scams should be winding down as Craigslist now charges $5.00 for all auto listings . Not quite as fun when you have to pay for it ! :p