• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1976 Ranger Rust free/1-owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGO

Contributor
We've seen this before, but like everything today, inflation is on the rise;)

Originally sold out of Vegas:
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294055

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1976-ford-bronco-ranger/6882978442.html

Yes, its mine. I bought it to do the work to myself but life and other projects get in the way sometime . If someone is interested I'll detail the improvements I've made like completely rebuilding the original engine and rounding up all the smog parts. I don't like advertising here because I don't like a lot of the character assassination that goes on. I add value with sweat and bloody knuckles, but get comments that I don't always think are fair so that's why I don't always advertise here. Thanks for the add I guess.

Jim

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Nice profit margin, I was 2nd or third in line at 18K as well. This is America, he's allowed to make money.

hoythunter

Nice rig. Jim does good work and I’m sure whoever ends up with the rig will be very happy with it. It’s interesting that people need to point out that he’s making money on it. Apparently sweat equity no longer counts for anything

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
You snooze you loose!!!!

Man, I am not sure I was snoozing, and I hope the post did not come across like I was sore about it. I was on the buyers side saying he has a right to make money on a purchase. I have had my fair share of good deals too, I bought a Bronco a few months ago that ran and drove for 1500 bucks.

You were third ;)

I will always be right behind you hyghlndr:cool:

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Nice rig. Jim does good work and I’m sure whoever ends up with the rig will be very happy with it. It’s interesting that people need to point out that he’s making money on it. Apparently sweat equity no longer counts for anything

As my post stated, this is America, and this is capitalism....he's allowed to make money.

JGO

Contributor
Thanks guys! I hate "Flippers" too! Someone that drags a rusty mess out of a field and squirts paint on it is doing something wrong IMO. I don't like being characterized this way especially with innuendo and wink emoji lol! I've worked as a fleet mechanic for many years and was lucky enough to be able to retire and do what I love full time. I hate when people get ripped off on Bronco deals, especially their first purchase! I hope no one I've sold to feels cheated. I've gone out of my way to keep a clean conscience offering cash refunds when mistakes I've made surface, even replacing an engine on a $10k Bronco sale where I installed the wrong distributor gear! I hope all the keyboard commando's that need to chime in with negativity find something in their life that makes them happy so they can log off!

Jim

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Man it sure looks better with correct bumpers,mirror's and rid of the steps. glws

Kenny

I've gone out of my way to keep a clean conscience offering cash refunds when mistakes I've made surface, even replacing an engine on a $10k Bronco sale where I installed the wrong distributor gear!

Jim is good on his word. I actually witnessed him replacing the engine on that $10k Bronco.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think there were a bunch in line as well as me for it. I was in Vegas waiting for a call back but was an hour late. Nice pick up.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hope it sells for $35k...so tired of the guys who got participation trophies their whole lives complaining about how it’s not fair and how they’re somehow entitled to something. What it’s worth has nothing to do with what he paid. Get over it.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I don't like advertising here because I don't like a lot of the character assassination that goes on. Jim

"One owner vehicle as straight and rust free as you can hope to find!"

Without intending to assassinate your character... isn't this a two owner vehicle by now? ;)

Good luck.

JGO

Contributor
Without intending to assassinate your character... isn't this a two owner vehicle by now? ;)

Good luck.

Well thanks for noticing that I guess! Without starting a new fight over semantics I'll just concede you are right! Obviously I'm not the original owner if I bought it two months ago! Registration is all paid for and pending smog. If someone buys it despite the internets objections THEY will be the second REGISTERED owner!

The point I was trying to make was about minding one's own business. The original poster might think they were doing a public service, but they are harming my chance for a sale and in this case just flat out wrong. I luckily have a couple buyers that have seen through the bullshit. I installed the rebuilt engine yesterday and am going to smog it before sale. It's worth quite a bit more than when I bought it. My plea to the Keyboard commando's out there is this, please refrain from chiming in when you don't have ANY facts! For all you know I could be selling early because I got a cancer diagnosis!

JGO

Contributor
You guys are unbelievable! I got Pops68 private messaging me now to continue the "one owner" controversy! He sent two messages to let me know I'm deceptive in my add THAT I DIDN'T EVEN POST HERE!

The Bronco has had one registered owner! The next will be the 2nd registered owner. I don't think I was being deceptive, but I'll apologize for the add that I didn't even post here! Sorry!

If you guys are wound so tight that your scouring the internet looking for these kind of "Gotcha" moments I feel sorry for your family members that have to put up with you full time!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
You guys are unbelievable! I got Pops68 private messaging me now to continue the "one owner" controversy! He sent two messages to let me know I'm deceptive in my add THAT I DIDN'T EVEN POST HERE!

The Bronco has had one registered owner! The next will be the 2nd registered owner. I don't think I was being deceptive, but I'll apologize for the add that I didn't even post here! Sorry!

If you guys are wound so tight that your scouring the internet looking for these kind of "Gotcha" moments I feel sorry for your family members that have to put up with you full time!

Meh, I would't sweat it, but I do see why you don't post here.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They don't mean to bully, they were just raised that way! I have to hold my breath every time I post because I know what is coming.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
I sent JGO a few PM's to ask a few simple questions and stay out of the public part of this, but he chose to include me.

I asked if in California, that once you buy a vehicle, do you have to register it in your name? If so, wouldn't he be the second owner??

I also stated that I thought the ad stating either 'one owner or original owner' was misleading since he bought it and technically is the second owner now.

That is it!!!

I accused him of nothing!!!

I also told him I didn't care how much 'profit' he made and GOOD LUCK with his sale.

Sorry for any inconvenience I have caused anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.