• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO '66 in CO

66broncofan

Contributor
Depends on what you are after. Here is what's not 66 about it that I can see quickly: grill, bumpers, hubcaps, carpet, transfer case shifter is short, side mirrors, fresh air hood scoops, and interior upholstery color. I cannot tell if the tailgate is a 66 gate because of the pinstriping on the top. I'd be interested in knowing what's under the carpet. It does have a lot that is still 66 about it, but it's not all there.

Last edited:

RVB

Contributor
Is that a '66 top? I've always had a thing for Wimpleton White!

66broncofan

Contributor
Yes, it's most definitely a 66 top. You can see the bolt on roof supports, later year were welded on, and the liftgate is 66 as the lock is not integrated into the handle.
Is that a '66 top? I've always had a thing for Wimpleton White!

Lawndart

Loc.
WTF does this even mean -
"The interior seats are original and have been professionally dyed in matching red and white."

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Without knowing the vin it may or may not have had the eyebrow grill, and I've seen many "short" 66' original shifters.

66broncofan

Contributor
yes, I agree on the grill not necessarily needing to be an eyebrow grill to be a 66, but those turn signals are a dead giveaway that either the buckets were changed out and later year signals added or it's a different grill with newer style (ugly) lenses.
Without knowing the vin it may or may not have had the eyebrow grill, and I've seen many "short" 66' original shifters.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
yes, I agree on the grill not necessarily needing to be an eyebrow grill to be a 66, but those turn signals are a dead giveaway that either the buckets were changed out and later year signals added or it's a different grill with newer style (ugly) lenses.

Yes that could very well be the case, it's so blurry when I zoom in on my phone I cant really tell.

mebco09

WTF does this even mean -
"The interior seats are original and have been professionally dyed in matching red and white."

Yes, and the better question is: "why?'

Drive this thing in the summer with short pants, and end up with red hamstrings.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
It is a 66, and even though it's missing a few of the original 66 only parts, it has been nicely done. I would drive it anytime.

HuffDaddy

Funny that I just stumbled onto this thread looking at "hood scoop" info. I bought this one and it is pretty 66' and all of my changes have been of the 66' persuasion. The guy was a shyster and a bunch of stuff did not work but I am getting there. One of the first things I did was replace the wrong turn signal lenses. Some dumbass had screwed them in and I just filled the holes since I have every reason to think it is the original grill. I can't seem to get myself to replace too many things that I believe to be original. Here is the most recent pic before I put it away for the Winter. I'm, having trouble ditching the hood scoops since they do hide 8 screw holes at this point. Any thoughts on the scoops? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 103

HuffDaddy

Why is a good question on the painted seats but they are actually done quite well. I have no idea how you dye anything but they seem to "dyed" rather than painted if there is a difference. I know one thing.... I'm done giving a shit and I am ready to let my freak flag fly on this one. Red seats and white hood scoops and it's going to be a Bronco party in KC this Spring. Too much work not to enjoy it!