• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

U15fl732793

bronconut1

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought this 1966 Bronco and looking at the vin on Ohio Bronco it shows it was built in the first Month, Other than the that can anyone tell me anymore than that? production numbers? or ???? Vin # U15FL732793

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And you'll need the info off of the Warranty Plate riveted or screwed to the driver's kick panel to know much more about it.
You can't get a Marti Report because they didn't have them for your year. But with the help of later Marti's and with the knowledge here, if you post up the other info someone will have the keys.
Things like DSO and GVWR and Body codes will help.

Really about the only things you can glean from the VIN alone are model (Wagon) Engine, Assembly Plant and sequence (date) of build.
All the options and gear ratios and such have to come from the Warranty Plate.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope. That's PaulC and I'm PaulB:cool:
He's smarter and better looking (and taller!), but I get my picture on the website!;D

PaulB

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep on that too. Big studly head of hair!;D

Here is an image of the Warranty Plate bronconut sent me. I tried cropping it down, but it got too blurry.
Any chance you can send me a higher resolution, or closer up version of it?

mike stasz 66 warranty plate.jpg

I can just make out (maybe) the: 092 J U150
And what looks like a "798" a "C" and an "09" maybe?
And the lower right looks like a "13" again maybe?

Can you confirm what I've listed are the correct interpretations bronconut?

Thanks

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Rangoon red u15 built in 8/65', 6cyl engine
798 is front buckets, no rear seat. Manual trans. 13 was a New York DSO. Gear ID should have been an 03 or 04 if that first digit is an 0 for 4.11 and 4.56. If it were A3 or A4 would have been 4.11 and 4.56 LS.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Rangoon red u15 built in 8/65', 6cyl engine
798 is front buckets, no rear seat. Manual trans. 13 was a New York DSO. Gear ID should have been an 03 or 04 if that first digit is an 0 for 4.11 and 4.56. If it were A3 or A4 would have been 4.11 and 4.56 LS.

yes sir.....