• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Wanted - 66 Rear Shock Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Rear shock mounts are the same for all years. (just mounted opposite in 66). Call Randy at Driven auto parts in Phoenix. He will ship them to you.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Rear shock mounts are the same for all years. (just mounted opposite in 66). Call Randy at Driven auto parts in Phoenix. He will ship them to you.

Doesn't forward facing use a shock with a stud on top, rear facing has an eye on both ends? My forward facing 66 rears do, my 71 does not.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
66' have a stud mount on top I have a early 66' frame out by the barn I'll see if they are any good Saturday.

Attachments

• shock.jpg
    shock.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 61

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Doesn't forward facing use a shock with a stud on top, rear facing has an eye on both ends? My forward facing 66 rears do, my 71 does not.

This is correct. Studs on the forward facing '66 shocks. Eyes on all others once they were switched to rear facing.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
HEY that's mine!!! Steve I expect a dollar in the mail, for like.....copyright...stuff?? ;D ;D

Al Gore loaned me the picture :) sorry for the delays fight some back issues and actually going in Monday to get a herniated disc repaired should be able to get a picture you Thursday.

Last edited:

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Finally got up around to moving some other parts so I could get to the frame. The bad news is that those brackets are full welded on and I don't really think that they could be cut off with out damaging the brackets or the frame it's self. The frame was under a fairly early 66' that was a Budd built rig so maybe the bracket attachment was different? You can also see where someone had welded a couple a washer on to use a non stud style shock. %)

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191124_163309.jpg
    MVIMG_20191124_163309.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 37
  • MVIMG_20191124_163315.jpg
    MVIMG_20191124_163315.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 36

broncorick

I had a badly rusted '66 frame from one of mine and the mounts were good so cut fram to get them, cleaned with a grinder and welded onto anotherframe so it is not bad to do. If I were you I would get those off and use them

OP
OP
66BlueGoose

66BlueGoose

Contributor
Trying to restore an Aug 65 Bud frame where someone cut off the mounts. Certainly not looking to have a good frame cut up, but if its not good, interested in the mounts.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let me see what I can do calling for snow tonight so it might be a bit, planning on using the back half of the frame for a stretched Bronco to put my Four Wheeler Bronco camper in.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the mounts "harvested" for anybody wondering what they actually look like.

Attachments

• bronco 66 mounts.jpg
    bronco 66 mounts.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.