• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sweet 16

OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

Does Lindsey want the cage and bumpers body color, or another color? I really like the blue she picked out. I'm sure you have some tricks for the interior too.

Cage will be body color, bumpers will get chrome. I still have lots of nifty tricks I am planning for this little truck.

OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

Great build, but Man are you ever in trouble. A good looking teenage girl and nice Bronco and teenage boys? You are going to rub the bluing off your guns by cleaning them so much.

Yeah, I know!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice work! Really like how you added interior room by reversing the angle of the bulkhead and how you modified the frame horns to move the bumpers up - the shackles are a nice touch to something that can look awkward.

Also nice half cab cage - I've looking for some ideas for my half cab.

What's the final wheel base going to be? Will you have it entered in the Show-N-Shine at the Round Up?? ;D

Last edited:

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice job as always Lee. Very functional additions you have added :)
A great Dad
Karl

dan12580

its threads like this that really piss me off.:) where do you find the time and the skill to do all this? i re lotioned the seats in my f250 yesterday and felt like i accomplished something.

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
great build..

when you get a chance sould you post some pics of the back half of the cage? i am also building a halfcab with a family cage and could use some pictorial help. I increased the cab space by going straight down with the main hoop on the front cage and building a new bulkhead. the rear section is giving me some issues.

thanks

OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

Nice work! Really like how you added interior room by reversing the angle of the bulkhead and how you modified the frame horns to move the bumpers up - the shackles are a nice touch to something that can look awkward.

Also nice half cab cage - I've looking for some ideas for my half cab.

What's the final wheel base going to be? Will you have it entered in the Show-N-Shine at the Round Up?? ;D

Its 98". With pulling the bumpers in that is as far as I could more the rear axle back. I was wanting 100", but I did not want the shackles hanging out the back.

OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

great build..

when you get a chance sould you post some pics of the back half of the cage? i am also building a halfcab with a family cage and could use some pictorial help. I increased the cab space by going straight down with the main hoop on the front cage and building a new bulkhead. the rear section is giving me some issues.

thanks

I will take some this weekend and post them up.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Wow! I've always loved your EB Buggy, this one's looking great too. Can't wait to see how you have your ram assist set up. Lucky girl for sure!

OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

rear end done

Rear end is done. 31 spline, disc brakes, Auburn LS with 4.88 gears. I did some bump cans, new shock mounts, moved the axle back 6" and clearanced the inside of the cross-member for pumpkin clearance.

Attachments

• lind32.jpg
    lind32.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 324
  • lind33.jpg
    lind33.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 291
  • lind34.jpg
    lind34.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 305
  • lind35.jpg
    lind35.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 331
OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

front end

I ran the ram assist on-top of the pitman arm. Really nice and clean as far as plumbing. I did another truck that way and it has really nice road manners. Bump cans up front, with a detachable sway-bar and Bilstien shocks. Front diff is a lock-rite, brakes are stock EB disc.

Attachments

• lind42.jpg
    lind42.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 331
  • lind41.jpg
    lind41.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 324
  • lind40.jpg
    lind40.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 300
  • lind39.jpg
    lind39.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 306
  • lind38.jpg
    lind38.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 281
  • lind37.jpg
    lind37.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 292
  • lind36.jpg
    lind36.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 328
  • lind43.jpg
    lind43.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 306

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I really like the ram assist on top of the pitman. I'd not seen that before. Very clean install and gets the ram off the sprung weight. Nice job!

OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

ram

I really like the ram assist on top of the pitman. I'd not seen that before. Very clean install and gets the ram off the sprung weight. Nice job!

Thanks. Works really well. I have done another like this. Since the ram doesn't really move I was able to even run hard line for the fluid. If you run a drop pitman arm you do not even need to modify the crossmember. This one is a stock arm so I had to trim it up quite a bit.

bigjhoov

nobody
Looks good Lee. Are those Monroe's old Challenger's? The ram set-up is interesting. I like the channel job on the crossmember.

OP
OP
Lee N

Lee N

Looks good Lee. Are those Monroe's old Challenger's? The ram set-up is interesting. I like the channel job on the crossmember.
Yes they are, but Monroe got them from me so technically they have come full circle and now they are back where they started.

lsukevinc

Loc.
Holly Springs
I'd love the see her pull up at school and see the look of the little punks these days driving the civics with the paint can for mufflers.