• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

71 Cali Bronco Build

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

OK, made some progress on the frame horns today. I purchase some pre-bend horns from MIGs on this site. It turned out awesome. They were hacked up pretty good.

Left before 1.JPG

Right Before 1.JPG

Left Before 2.JPG

Right Before 2.JPG

Right Before 3.JPG

stevenson44

That's very cool. Wonder if MIGS can create horns for a truck with a body lift...to hide the gap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

No doubt in my mind. You may need to draw up a diagram with dimensions on how you want it.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Driver Door Skin complete. I also set the door post. After about 40 times I think I got it. Working on passenger side now.

Door Skin.JPG

Door Skin2.JPG

Door Skin3.JPG

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Nice work Rob, looking real good!

....How You going to fit under that chopped half cab top though?? looks pretty tight....:p:cool:;D;D

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

OK, I think I have an issue. The window frame is not welded in so its exaggerated a bit. The gap looks good on passenger side but is off on drivers side. Just sitting there but It looks like I need to cut the door pillar to cowl bracket and move/bend the window frame back a bit and pull it closer.

Anyone deal with this issue before or know how to back me out of this corner?

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

The doors are aligned pretty good just off at window frame. The door window and windshield frame are not welded in yet.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Still scratching my head on this on. I just thought of something. The door was pretty jacked up before I re-skinned it and it looks like the entire door needs to go forward about 1/4-1/2 inch. Before I start to cut and bent I was thinking I may try another door to see if it fits the same. Anyone have a driver door laying around?

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Great idea. But, knowing my luck I'll get the alignment off on that one. Then I'll have double the fun.

Actually, I may still do that but they have never been off the other. Hoping to find another door as first option. Thanks Ben.. You bronco is coming along nicely...

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

OK, I took Ben's advice and took the door off my 75. It took up a bit more space but is still not as tight as it should be. I'm thinking cut the cowl bracket off and pull the cowl down a bit with a large pipe wrench then tack it back into place.

This is the 75 Door fitment. Its much better but not as good as passenger side.

Anyone agree?

1975 Door.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Passenger side could be a bit tight. Opposite problem. I might need to pulled it toward the front a bit?

IMG_1641.JPG