• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Insurance

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Anyone using JC Taylor for their insurance. I have Hagerty right now at 25000.00 stated. A friend of mine has been with JC Taylor for years and his is 30000.00 stated for about half of my premium.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
While you are shopping for a new insurance policy you should switch to an agreed value policy.
The trouble with a stated value policy is that they contain wording in the fine print that allows the company to pay you less than the amount you think you will get.
An agreed value policy locks the amount in.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
While you are shopping for a new insurance policy you should switch to an agreed value policy.
The trouble with a stated value policy is that they contain wording in the fine print that allows the company to pay you less than the amount you think you will get.
An agreed value policy locks the amount in.

That's what I meant when I wrote stated. Thanks

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
Well , I got a quote from JC Taylor for 25k agreed value and it was 422 a year. Haggerty was 480 for the same. Not much of a difference, I'll just stay with Haggerty

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Grundy may be worth a look as well if you’re shopping around. They quoted me about half what Hagerty did, but I’ve yet to dig into the policy differences.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
He's paying $240/year for a $30K Hagerty policy? I dont see how thats possible and I sell for Hagerty. Maybe he only has theft coverage and not liability

gick70

I went to my insurance agent and got double the coverage,at price of hagerty! I just had to get it appraised,which cost me 35.00 bucks!

Audifan

Contributor
He's paying $240/year for a $30K Hagerty policy? I dont see how thats possible and I sell for Hagerty. Maybe he only has theft coverage and not liability
Totally Agree. My 70K stated value policy from Hagerty is $1500 per year. $240 for 30k value is insane....I want to be insane ;)

shaunmcc

I just purchased insurance through Grundy. 70K agreed value, $403 a year. Not bad.

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I just purchased insurance through Grundy. 70K agreed value, $403 a year. Not bad.

That's a good deal if you ask me. Mine is insured for 25k with Hagerty for around the same. I might have to give Grundy a call.

Mike Bryan

Loc.
Mount Olive
I also have insurance with Hagerty for my Bronco and a 48 Anglia pro street. They are both agreed value. No questions asked, even on my Anglia which is really a full blown drag car. I think what you have to look at is insurance performance, how they react to a claim. God forbid anything would happen, but I would feel more comfortable with a well know company. All of my other insurance is with Nationwide, which Hagerty is affiliated with. They are as high or higher, but I have had zero issues with Nationwide. Just my two cents worth.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Grundys pricing is hard to beat. I just went with them for $45K value at $373/year. No appraisal needed. No collision coverage until its ready to drive but thats another $200. $500K limit and Im 33 years old

OP
OP
tatersalad

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I also have insurance with Hagerty for my Bronco and a 48 Anglia pro street. They are both agreed value. No questions asked, even on my Anglia which is really a full blown drag car. I think what you have to look at is insurance performance, how they react to a claim. God forbid anything would happen, but I would feel more comfortable with a well know company. All of my other insurance is with Nationwide, which Hagerty is affiliated with. They are as high or higher, but I have had zero issues with Nationwide. Just my two cents worth.

I believe that Grrundy is a well known company.

shaunmcc

I believe that Grrundy is a well known company.

They were recommended to me by someone I know. One of his customers had a total loss that Grundy paid out no questions asked. He's been with them ever since.

They wanted an appraisal, receipts or a bill of sale from me. I'm guessing because of the value. Either way, had it done in an hour with receipts.

Tcb3078

Loc.
Charlotte
Just went through this... Just signed up with American Collectors Insurance. 80k agreed value for 550/year

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I also have insurance with Hagerty for my Bronco and a 48 Anglia pro street. They are both agreed value. No questions asked, even on my Anglia which is really a full blown drag car.

So if you completely destroy your Anglia drag racing, they'll cover it?

Grundys pricing is hard to beat. I just went with them for $45K value at $373/year. No appraisal needed. No collision coverage until its ready to drive but thats another $200. $500K limit and Im 33 years old

Knowing that you sell Hagerty and went with Grundy makes my decision much easier ;D

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I think Grundy quoted $700ish a year of 50K agreed value on my 14 GT500.

They were the only ones that would insure my buddies Hellcat.......

Hagerty has my 69 Mach 1.....$270 a year agreed 25k value (yes it's under insured)

Bronco is with Travelers with all my other rides. All one policy (6 total) so not sure what it's costing me

Tim

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Knowing that you sell Hagerty and went with Grundy makes my decision much easier ;D
I've done my research! Hagerty is very easy to deal with but they were about double the price.

Here's what my Grundy underwriter had to say:

The vehicle can be used for pleasure use as in going for a drive on a nice day, going out to dinner or for ice cream, etc. The vehicle cannot be used for work or school however you can on occasion drive the vehicle to work on a nice day to “show off” the vehicle or to go to a show. The vehicle cannot be used to run errands (Home Depot, WalMart, etc.)

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'll have to check what I'm paying through hagerty. My bronco's are registered as "classics" w/ vintage plates. This means driving in parades, car shows, and "test" drives after mechanical work. That last one means I just tell the law I made an adjustment on something and I'm out testing it. I know the rate is cheaper so I'll see what is a report back....