• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage Air/BC Broncos

ShoeSlinger

Anyone know what is supposed to be different about the new Vintage Air AC that BC is carrying/going to carry? I have reached out to them and haven't heard back. I am painting my vehicle soon and prefer to test fit the evaporator case before paint. Just wanted to see if it is worth waiting for theirs. Thanks!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Well the newish VA unit has a bigger fan and plastic duct work instead of the tubing behind the dash.
Maybe it's that

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
" The evaporator pushes more air. Vintage Air made the adjustments we asked for to allow the evaporator to be mounted so you can use a full glovebox, more streamline hose routing, and to accommodate mounting up to our aftermarket dashes better. You will be able to have 4 vents instead of 3 vents without reducing air flow. Jason tailored it like our old A/C to be a cleaner and easier installation than their standard unit. I’m sure Jason will give me all the specs and highlights to post up on our social media and website "

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Subscribe and following. Be sure to post the information here as well. As for a few others and myself. I don’t use Facebook and the other social sites.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
This should be popular with other cars as well

I’ve installed vintage air in a 76 K10 and a 64 Falcon and both of them used up a significant portion of the glove box

Since the turds at the fedgov and turds at trout unlimited closed tellico there is nowhere to trail ride near me
I’ve though about installing AC and a hardtop and figuring out why it wanders all over the road and driving it more often.

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Subscribe and following. Be sure to post the information here as well. As for a few others and myself. I don’t use Facebook and the other social sites.

I should have mine in a few weeks and will post thoughts after I install it. I am running a coyote so not sure if that makes a difference.

Lon L

They have the first run now and "it should go out within a week or two."

Heh, I bought and paid for mine on Dec 9, I have been hearing "1 or 2 more weeks for months. I am excited , but it has caused me some grief , I have my Bronco in the shop, on the clock getting a Full restore and couldnt hold back anymore, the paint and everything has been done, final assembly is now taking place. Without having the unit here there was no mock up. Now it will be much more difficult to install and certainly difficult to not damage anything. Had I known it would be 6months instead of a few weeks I could have stopped work before they got into doing the body. Once the body was off , there was no stopping, couldnt tie up the shop and rotisserie . I hope that the unit will be worth the wait.

jasonmcc

Loc.
Nola -> Utah
Heh, I bought and paid for mine on Dec 9, I have been hearing "1 or 2 more weeks for months. I am excited , but it has caused me some grief , I have my Bronco in the shop, on the clock getting a Full restore and couldnt hold back anymore, the paint and everything has been done, final assembly is now taking place. Without having the unit here there was no mock up. Now it will be much more difficult to install and certainly difficult to not damage anything. Had I known it would be 6months instead of a few weeks I could have stopped work before they got into doing the body. Once the body was off , there was no stopping, couldnt tie up the shop and rotisserie . I hope that the unit will be worth the wait.

I’ve heard that from so many vendors now it’s just become the norm. Some are obviously better than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roundhouse

Bronco Guru

If they charged your credit card in December and you haven’t received it yet
You need to do a chargeback ASAP .

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I easily could of paid for it last year if it was available. Now after covid19 shutdowns my pocket is leaking funds quicker than it getting replenished. I am still waiting but may change direction on build as everything else in this country is changing.

Lon L

If they charged your credit card in December and you haven’t received it yet
You need to do a chargeback ASAP .

It was paypal. I just really want the AC unit. I have waited far too long to cancel now. I am trying to remain calm, but I am stressed .

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
It was paypal. I just really want the AC unit. I have waited far too long to cancel now. I am trying to remain calm, but I am stressed .

You still need to get your money back
It’s doubtful your ever going to get the AC unit .

Lon L

You still need to get your money back
It’s doubtful your ever going to get the AC unit .

I hope that is not the case. It would not be a good business move for BC. Last I heard there were 27 of them on order. I want to believe they are honest and good folks who have just got a lot on their plate. Although, as many times as I have been told "2 more weeks" , I am beginning to question the "honesty" .

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I hope that is not the case. It would not be a good business move for BC. Last I heard there were 27 of them on order. I want to believe they are honest and good folks who have just got a lot on their plate. Although, as many times as I have been told "2 more weeks" , I am beginning to question the "honesty" .

I’d get the money back while you can

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Tell them you want a tracking number or a refund. Buy one when they actually have one, in these economic times they may not be around to get a refund later.

Lon L

I was told yesterday that it should ship tomorrow. The test fit of the new units went well, but found one additional piece had to be manufactured and painted. That supposedly has happened and next step should be pack and ship. With some good luck, (which mine is usually bad ) I hope to get a tracking number tomorrow. I will let you know if I do :)