• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Vintage Air/BC Broncos

NashBronco

Loc.
Flowood, MS
Spoke to BC today. First time I have ever called them. Very nice people. They explained the system a little more. My understanding is that the new system is a larger evaporator so it has much more cooling capacity. They are still working on a pdf of install directions. They have a partial instruction PDF and Jason is helping people individually to complete their installs. They are working on a complete PDF but it may be some time once they get all the feedback. They explained that the delay was really waiting on Vintage to get the new design built. Cost of the unit for me was about $1400.

Look forward to seeing some install videos.

Jamie Chriss

Mine is almost done, lots of work. First 10 out the door have some AC hose issues. I will post mine today.

Jamie Chriss

BC Vintage Air first batch out of the shop. The instructions are a little light on instruction and pictures! I am still waiting on the right AC hoses, the shop who cut them made them too long.

Pic one if you are running a Coyote place maybe 1/4 inch higher than instructed
Pic two I double insulated my firewall
Pic three first attempt at fitting to firewall
pic four had to cut the lower core support about half an inch
Pic five first fit
Pic 6 final fitment but still waiting on the right hoses... not cool at all

will re-post in a few days when done with better pictures

Attachments

• V_3828.jpg
    V_3828.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 326
  • V2_3991.jpg
    V2_3991.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 322
  • V3_3998.jpg
    V3_3998.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 326
  • V5_4025.jpg
    V5_4025.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 315
  • V6_4035.jpg
    V6_4035.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 302
  • V7_4069.jpg
    V7_4069.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 317

Jamie Chriss

Pic one bulkhead finished
Pic two ac hose to long!!!!!
Pic three core support cut
Pic four first fit, all is well I hope.
I am not using the controller they shipped with, went with a nicer one from Vintage. I don't have my dash yet so I can't finish for a few more days

Attachments

• v13_4042.jpg
    v13_4042.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 283
  • v12_.jpg
    v12_.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 257
  • v10_4015.jpg
    v10_4015.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 253
  • v9_3996.jpg
    v9_3996.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 241

Jamie Chriss

I have a blank Bronco so I am only working with new parts and no dash. It is a very frustrating process, I would like to have had a nice few minute video overview of each step. Easy steps from drilling holes, cutting metal, running hoses and electrical.

Jamie Chriss

FYI i needed to more my AC line after I took the pictures, I needed room to move back The PCM back a half an inch.

Lon L

FYI i needed to more my AC line after I took the pictures, I needed room to move back The PCM back a half an inch.

I had same issue on mine. had to move evap over about 1 inch to clear ECM module that was already mounted in the center of the firewall. that made one hose a bit short from the evap to the bulkhead. I had my hose modified and have to go pick it up and take it to the shop for install. The hose is not easily duplicated as Vintage air uses some proprietary pieces.

Lon L

dto_garage.php
dto_garage.php

Getting There. Dash is cut for 4 AC Vents , AC controls and Double Din Radio. On another note I had to shorten the already short hose for the Evaporator to passenger side bulkhead . So I had to lengthen one hose and shorten the other hose to the firewall bulkhead connector. This was mostly because of the EFI ECM module mounted in the center of the firewall made it very tight for the Evaporator clearance.

I put a photo of the dash and the hose in my gallery , under the INTERIOR section.

Jamie Chriss

I have the kit installed, waiting on the dash to get painted! If I knew what I know now the install would take maybe two days. The instructions are very vague. I would like to see step by step instructions with good photos. I think all the AC lines are long...

Attachments

• Vintage Air_4372.jpg
    Vintage Air_4372.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 398
  • Battery_4371.jpg
    Battery_4371.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 320

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I have the kit installed, waiting on the dash to get painted! If I knew what I know now the install would take maybe two days. The instructions are very vague. I would like to see step by step instructions with good photos. I think all the AC lines are long...

Very nice the way you ran all those wires! Can you send a link or location of where you purchased the battery terminal clamps?

dnsenne

Loc.
Minnesota
Did you buy or build that outer fender?

Is that how the BC Bronco kit recommends running the coolant lines?
Can you post a picture of the engine bay?

Thanks, it looks great!

betzgb

Contributor
I received my kit and started the install. Like the others I have a clearance issue with the computer mounted in the center of the firewall so I needed to move the evap over a couple of inches. I didn't want to drill more holes in the firewall so I decided to "modify" the mounting bracket so it is offset by two inches and I flipped the direction of the backing plate so it sits more flush to the firewall. Here are a few pics of what I did to make it work - though I am sure I opened up a can of worms in terms of hose lengths etc... But isn't that what Bronco projects are all about!?

Attachments

• IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 220

clinem03

I’ve been considering adding this kit to my 76 as it’s about to get a full frame off restoration...but am curious to get everyones opinion on the extra work these units require. I love the simplicity of old fords, and being able to fix just about anything while on the road. My 72 F100 is bone stock and doesn’t have AC, which I love, until mid summer as North Carolina gets super hot and humid. Because my bronco will be more of the family wagon, I’d like to have the comforts of AC. How much extra work/hassle/maintenance is involved in adding one of these units?

Lon L

I’ve been considering adding this kit to my 76 as it’s about to get a full frame off restoration...but am curious to get everyones opinion on the extra work these units require. I love the simplicity of old fords, and being able to fix just about anything while on the road. My 72 F100 is bone stock and doesn’t have AC, which I love, until mid summer as North Carolina gets super hot and humid. Because my bronco will be more of the family wagon, I’d like to have the comforts of AC. How much extra work/hassle/maintenance is involved in adding one of these units?

Once it has been mounted and filled there should be no maintenance unless you have a failure or need to open the line. I have not tested the operation of this unit yet, but it fits really well. The only difficulty for me was the length of the hoses from the evap to the bulkhead. Once that was sorted it fit snug and tight while still leaving you with a fully usable glove box.

Jamie Chriss

Mine is done and running. I am running a Coyote so I don't have the real estate someone would have with a 302. The Coyote posed its own challenges on many levels. On the evaporator you will need a binnary switch, I purchased one through Vintage. If you are running an electric fan this will send a message to the fan to turn on if the compressor heats up before the radiator heats up....

Attachments

• dash 3.jpg
    dash 3.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 166