• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1966 bronco on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
N

navi

looks like maybe a u14 but it could have been chopped.
I'll ask.:)
The rust is a concern, I'm no good at body work.

Broncoblood

Contributor
appears to be a Roadster.
Roadster mirror mount holes on driver fender and in the ad you can see the fiberglass inserts and other side was removed, you can see the original soft top windshield mount along with the little drip inserts below. I'd say 66 Roadster.
as far as a good buy, does show some signs of cancerous rust and its missing some items like original seats, 66 wheels, horn button, bulkhead etc.
its got the bumpers tho.
ask him for a pic of the Vin plate and more pics of rusty areas

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
appears to be a Roadster.
Roadster mirror mount holes on driver fender and in the ad you can see the fiberglass inserts and other side was removed, you can see the original soft top windshield mount along with the little drip inserts below. I'd say 66 Roadster.
as far as a good buy, does show some signs of cancerous rust and its missing some items like original seats, 66 wheels, horn button, bulkhead etc.
its got the bumpers tho.
ask him for a pic of the Vin plate and more pics of rusty areas

I asked for all that info on fb last week and got no response

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
It is a early Budd body, eyebrow grill. tall shifter, forward facing rear shocks. I can't really tell if that is an original U13 door insert, but most everything else is original. The air filter looks like one on my zero turn mower! haha

Broncoblood

Contributor
Yes any 66 could of came with the Roadster mirror but not very common.
the little drip insert between windshield frame and body along with original appearing soft top mount above windshield leans toward a Roadster.
appears to be a Wim White or Springtime Yellow which are 2 good colors for the Roady.

OP
OP
N

navi

tbh it seems like a cool project .... except for that pic of rust on the frame. :cry:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Massive lift blocks in the rear. Forward facing shocks aren't the correct style as they have eyes at the top instead of studs. I'd question if the original forward facing mounts on the frame have been hacked up in order to accept the incorrect shocks.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Looks like they built an adapter to mount the shocks into the post style mount for the shocks. I built a similar mount to change my shocks on my 79 F150 rear shock mount. I wonder if that is the case and its not been damaged.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Massive lift blocks in the rear. Forward facing shocks aren't the correct style as they have eyes at the top instead of studs. I'd question if the original forward facing mounts on the frame have been hacked up in order to accept the incorrect shocks.

definitely need a good thorough going through

Status
Not open for further replies.