• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 Body differences

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
So, some more differences, mine is a Budd body, so may be odd ball.
I don't have any of the three gutters. The rear floor center brace ends are cut at 45° instead of straight. And from what I can tell, the kick panel and inner fender are butted and connected with a square panel welded on the outside, instead of the kick overlapping the inner fender.
Also my passenger floor has 7 ribs, later have 8.

KCSPONY

Sponsor/Vendor
What about these tailgates, seen several of them over the years and only on '66 models? I suppose it wouldn't be too difficult to take a tail gate from a 66-72 Ford truck, drill the spot welds, cut down and build a new tail gate to fit the Bronco....but why does it seem to always be on a '66?

NI9iA4Fl.jpg

ToQrOCjl.jpg

lNTH0kEl.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I've seen those on various trucks over the years - cut down F-Series for sure. I've never seen any particular affinity for '66s with them in my area but that doesn't mean they weren't used more there.

Todd Z.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That FORD panel could be bought separately iirc and folks grafted them in. The center pic is not a 66 tailgate. the 66' f100 and 66' bronco had the same tooling across the top also.