• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AR Rollbar might have helped... Not mine

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
If I’m not mistaken, that’s the one Maxlider had bought or was buying, and it was wrecked somehow before arriving at their place.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If I’m not mistaken, that’s the one Maxlider had bought or was buying, and it was wrecked somehow before arriving at their place.

I think you are right. If my memory is right, it was involved in a accident on a trailer while being transported. I guess the car hauler insurance paid off because it looked like a jewel before it got smashed! I remember seeing a picture of the accident seen and the Bronco and trailer on the side.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
BELIEVE that happened up in Massachusetts too! what a shame!

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Yes same one Maxlider purchased and was transporting to their facility. They posted a sneak peak look on their social media, then apparently during transport this happened. Ouch :cry:

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes same one Maxlider purchased and was transporting to their facility. They posted a sneak peak look on their social media, then apparently during transport this happened. Ouch :cry:

I guess the lesson in this is: 'Don't count your chickens until they hatch!'

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Considering it actually rolled over, it's not that bad.....

1966tiger

$16,200 current bid. What am I not seeing? Is she not warped from one side to the otehr?

Broncomike66

Loc.
Bay Area, CA
100% fixable in about 1 week. That Bronco is super original and in excellent condition besides the roll over damage. Id value it at around 16k.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
100% fixable in about 1 week. That Bronco is super original and in excellent condition besides the roll over damage. Id value it at around 16k.

Have you looked at it in person?

How long have you been building or working on Broncos?

Broncomike66

Loc.
Bay Area, CA
Totally 100 % fixable and actually very easy for one who has the skills. The hardtop is easily replaced, door , window frame are also easy. As for any body deformation a few push and pulls with some good hydraulic equipment and the rear tub could be saved. I would turn it into a crawler if it was mine. I've been destroying and re building my 66 Bronco for 15 years. I have been messing with these things since before they were worth 50 k plus( 80s 90s). My first experience behind the wheel of an early Bronco was when I was 15 years old bombing the Rubicon trail all the way to Rubicon springs with my dad and uncle. I have watched the value and popularity of these skyrocket while to me mine remains a humble work horse that loves abuse and an impossible challenge. I see the Bronco as mostly a drivetrain and chassis valued vehicle. Numbers matching, show worthy perfection is one thing but most are looking for that rugged rig they can customize, run hard and not worry about value. That's why partially destroyed Broncos are worth so much as long as the drive train and chassis is good... the rest can be fixed , customized or upgraded as fits yor needs.

Last edited: