• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD Camber shims (long shot I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I am looking for some camber shims for my Dana 44. I have F150 knuckles so I could have disc brakes. I am looking for 5/8 degree shims if anyone has some they would part with. I can use some with more degree and modify them if nothing else. I know this is a long shot but ya never know till you ask.
Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I think the one I am looking for is a #4. I found 1, still need 1 more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Thanks for the numbers! I have tried all of the ones I could find and no one is carrying them anymore. I had not tried the International stuff, I will give them a call. If I do find a stash of these I will post up so everyone else knows about it.
I appreciate the help!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Right on! I will check it out, thanks for tip on the 6 bolt pattern. I was not sure which one might work out on the 5 bolt pattern spindles.

mrdrnac

Contributor
Please let us know if the 6 bolt pattern will work for us. I'd love to find a set also!

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I promise that if I find anything that works I will post it up. I have been looking for 2 weeks, everywhere I can think of. Not sure why these are unobtanium!

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

So the 6 bolt patter works for the Dana 30 and Dan 44. It's the number of bolts that holds the wheel spindle to the axle knuckle.

When I first got my 66 it had a Dana 30 and when I installed the WH front disc kit I found the shims installed on my Bronco. On one side were crumbled plastic shims and on the other side was a cracked and crusty metal shim.

Later on I was fortunate enough that Chuck from B.C. Broncos was coming to SoCal and I upgraded to a 73 Dana 44. It needed one shim on the drivers side. I guess 40+ years of wear and tear on these axles takes its toll.

Below is a photo of my shim, its the little thin shinny "cleanish" part in the center of the photo. Also is an excellent write up on how to install them from a Jeep site. It's best to get an alignment before and after so you can really dial in the shims. I have the Firestone lifetime alignment which as worked out very well.

Good luck!

PS Personally I'm okay with the Jeep guys because after all not everyone can live the Bronco dream!

https://www.jeepfan.com/projects/castor-camber-shims-install/

Attachments

• Dana 44 drivers knuckle with shim p2.jpg
    Dana 44 drivers knuckle with shim p2.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Dana 44 drivers knuckle with shim p1.jpg
    Dana 44 drivers knuckle with shim p1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 75

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Back in the long long ago, I needed shims and got some used ones from Bear Frame and Axle on Broadway Blvd. I don’t think that shop is still there.... but I bet there’s still shops like that, that have them laying around.

mrdrnac

Contributor
So the 6 Hole shims will work for the Dana 30 and the Dana 44 with Drum brakes or the Chevy disc conversion; but not for the 76/77 Bronco Ford disc or F150 Dana 44 axles since they have 5 bolt spindles, right?

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Mrdrnac,

On that I can’t say as I have no experience. But I would call WH and ask them about that year spindle and hub as they sell their disc brakes kits all day long and I think they would know if anyone.

Good luck!
:cool:

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
If the 6 bolt shim works on the Chevy conversion it will not work on the F150 conversion. The spindles are much larger in diameter at the base. After looking at the pictures of the 6 and 8 bolt shims side by side I think the 8 hole might work. The shim that fits is 4-1/8" I.D. and 6" O.D.
The Napa part # NCP 2641972 picture looks the exact same as the one from the IH place, both of them have 8 slots. I still need to give them a call to verify measurements, work keeps getting in the way. I will post up as soon as I know for sure.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
So the 6 Hole shims will work for the Dana 30 and the Dana 44 with Drum brakes or the Chevy disc conversion; but not for the 76/77 Bronco Ford disc or F150 Dana 44 axles since they have 5 bolt spindles, right?

That is correct.

The ones for the Ford spindles are nearly impossible to find.

Todd Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.