• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What is your favorite YouTube channel?

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In the last 6 months or so, I've been watching a lot of YouTube. So much so that I have invested in some better equipment to begin producing more AND BETTER videos on my own channel. But in thinking about who my audience is going to turn out to be (I'm gonna show DIY in a LOT of areas), I started wondering... Who/what/when do Early Bronco people watch?

So I want you to post your favorite YouTube channels, but following two criteria:

First, don't share a Bronco SPECIFIC channel, because we all ALREADY watch those, right?

Second, don't share a channel that is covered in filthy language or footage that I can't show my kids.

Thanks for playing along. I'll start.

First, the first guy that got my first valid subscription may have been Adam Booth in Pensacola, FL. He's a machinist that does all kinds of work. Channel name is ABOM76.

Second, Matt Carriker is in Boerne, TX. He graduated Texas A&M as a veterinarian but has bloomed into a mogul, dabbling in a little bit of everything. He has three channels and all have been very successful. He started with Demolition Ranch, where they shot guns and blew stuff up. Then he started Vet Ranch where he fixed dogs and cats of all conditions. Third he started a Vlog called Off the Ranch. (As a side note, his dad has a channel called Out on the Ranch.)

So what are your favorites?

cs_88

Bronco Guru
My favorites vary, but lately:
Dirt Lifestyle
South Main Auto
Warrior Poet Society
Mrgunsngear
Uncle Tony's Garage

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Since YouTube started packing videos with ads and the good channels have left for better grounds, it is rare I watch more than a single video on YouTube. For the most part I have transitioned to Motortrend on Demand, sprinkle in a few off Amazon Prime and it is good. YouTube is a single special video only. Can't stand to surf YouTube anymore. Worse then TV (cable or free).

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another of my favorites is This Old Tony. My wife was sitting there while I was watching it, and she commented that his sense of humor is much like mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTownEP

I have been watching a lot of Donut Media's content lately.
I used to hate it, but the Up To Speed series kept featuring vehicles that I love, like the Bronco, Land Cruiser, etc., recounting their history and current place in the market, but in a silly, backwards cap, skinny jeans style that really got on my nerves. Eventually I bought into it and now I love it.
It's clean enough. They write the words into the script, but bleep them out. It's TV-level clean.

I watch pretty much everything ChrisFix puts out too, even if he's repairing something I have no interest in doing. He's squeaky clean, and does a really in-depth but not fluffy job explaining all kinds of automotive repairs using proper tools but with basic hand tool alternatives.

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Since YouTube started packing videos with ads and the good channels have left for better grounds, it is rare I watch more than a single video on YouTube. For the most part I have transitioned to Motortrend on Demand, sprinkle in a few off Amazon Prime and it is good. YouTube is a single special video only. Can't stand to surf YouTube anymore. Worse then TV (cable or free).

There is no reason you should be seeing any ads anywhere. Use an ad blocker. On PC I use Chrome with Ublock Origin extension. On my IOS devices I use 1blocker. I also have Pihole setup for the whole house.

Dannyboy71

I like watching some of the Aussies, Ronny Dahl, and 4wheel drive action. Also dirt nation and trail recon.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Dirt Lifestyle
BleepinJeep
The Fabrication Series
Pete's Garage
Thunderhead289
SUPER SHOP

Non-vehicle related
After Skool
Life is a Special Operation
Masaman
TED-Ed

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Subscriber to all of these. As said with a good ad blocker, ads are are not an issue. The only TV I watch, is the local and national news, and that's very rare. I also listen to a lot of conservative talk radio. No Facebook or the likes of.

Dirt Lifestyle
Trailrecon
Matt's garage
Ronny Dahl
Bronco garage
Expedition Overland
4X overland
Overland Bound
The History Guy
Mark Felton (WWll history)
410 expedition
Flying sparks garage
.3 mile garage
Wild Horses
Venture4wd

rjmunson

Loc.
Denver
ThunderHead289 - Engine genius
Grind Hard Plumbing Co - Fabrication
Dylan McCool - restoration
Junkyard Digs - restoration
Matt's Garage - Not forgiven... :)
Mile .3 Garage - Matt's Bronco
CondorDiving - Bronco tub vids
Nashville Early Bronco - Orig
Bronco Garage - Duff!
Welding Tips and Tricks - Jody is amazing

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AC932

Contributor
Eric The Car Guy
Linus Tech Tips
Project Farm
Technology Connections
Forgotten Weapons
AVE (But maybe don't watch him w/ the kids)

Montoya

Cleetus Mcfarlane
Papadakis Racing
Mitch from Wild Horses
Donut Media
Hoonigan Media
Projecct Farm
Engineering Explained
Hoovies Garage
The Fab Forums

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Project Farm is one I forgot. He does testing in a garage setting on things like which penetrating oil is the best, Seafoam tests, which duct tape brand is best, lots of oil testing, etc. All the crazy myths you've heard too, can you use candle wax to loosen a bolt, he will test as well.

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Bringing this back, there's gotta be some new ones?
For guys doing sheet metal work, check out Fitzee's Fabrications. He's a newfie, so he talks a little funny, but has a good approach and does everything with pretty basic tools. I like his attitude. He makes complex sheet metal repairs very solvable. I built a battery tray for my bronco similar to the one he did, all my buddies think I'm way more talented than I am. If watching newer videos and he seems like he's skipping over steps, it's because there are old videos where he highlights the steps.
I gotta think lots of guys are watching the Matt's off road recovery/fab rats Suzuki build, it's a neat little truck.
I still agree with the post above, Project Farm is great. Good info there.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Oh.... and rainman ray's repairs. Just started watching his channel, but it seems alright. Newer vehicle mechanic in a shop, but interesting.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk