• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 44 drum hubs & spindles

moreece

I’m doing a Willwood disc brake swap and I’m in desperate need of some used drum hubs & spindles. I also need a pair of hub springs if anyone knows where I can find them. Thanks in advance.

68ford

Bronco Guru
I was in your same boat. You can get new spindles which aren't that costly at all. But no one makes new drum hubs. I had new disc hubs that would have been from a Chevy disc conversion like everyone sells and they are slightly different and the rotor is not centered in the caliper unfortunately.

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
A help me out here, are you saying you need some Dana 44 hubs and spindles, like the drum ones I took off when I converted to 76-77 Bronco disc brakes a few years back? They are original...PM me if interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mickphatmac

I’ve got 2 drum/hubs I just took off of mine.... dana 30 from a ‘68 though.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Help me out here also. I'm with Bronco Billy.
.I've got the gathered up wrecking yard stuff on my 72 . I have the chevy conversion .
... Hubs & Spindles are available for this conversion .
.. Now what is the Wildwood conversion.
iS IT THE 76 & 77 FORD STUFF. bUT THOSE SPINDLES Are available also .
.. SO I'm not sure what you have.
& I'll Bite what the hub spring . Is that the big spring out at the where the hubs lock ..I'd think those come with the locking hubs .

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And the springs are only used with the original locking hubs. They're removed and not used when installing aftermarket locking hubs.

Paul

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I don't want to hijack moreece thread, but I have been running ads for months. We buy all the D44 drum 71.5-75 hubs and knuckles we can find for this same reason. After moreece finds a set for his setup, if anyone has any they are wanting to sell I'm buying.

68ford

Bronco Guru
For the wilwood kits, you need hubs and spindles for the same yr as the wilwood kit.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I don't want to hijack moreece thread, but I have been running ads for months. We buy all the D44 drum 71.5-75 hubs and knuckles we can find for this same reason. After moreece finds a set for his setup, if anyone has any they are wanting to sell I'm buying.

I'm supposedly sending him mine last time we spoke, morecee do you still need these?