• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JFB Restoration Review - AVOID AT ALL COSTS

JT58

Loc.
Naples
I am doing my own restoration as well. After being shafted by Anthony's AutoBody in Naples Florida where I was scammed for $8500- I gave them 3 deposits at different intervals. They had my 66 for a year and did nothing to it and repeatedly told me that restoration was well in process and "it's going to paint". And then after I was shafted by another guy on the side- gave him 2K and he disappeared. I had the move the Bronco and all the parts twice. Now the restoration is being done by me in half of a tiny 20 X 22 garage.

Lesson learned- Never, ever give any money up front for any work. I'll pay daily or weekly if necessary based on the work after it's done and agreed to. If the shop says no there off my list for business.

I complain about this body shop every chance I get, submitted a complaint to BBB and Florida Agriculture as well. I will continue to complain about them when I show my Bronco at all the local car shows as well.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
This kinda crap by these "so called" builders make ya sick to your stomach! So many of them hear lately too.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I complain about this body shop every chance I get, submitted a complaint to BBB

The BBB cannot do anything about any business which is not a member of the BBB, it is not in any way an official government organization.
A scammer is not going to spend the money to join, though they might fake up a BBB logo to make you imagine they are legit.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I am doing my own restoration as well. After being shafted by Anthony's AutoBody in Naples Florida where I was scammed for $8500- I gave them 3 deposits at different intervals. QUOTE]

Wow are they still open? I think they would be missing a lot of stuff until I was even ;D

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The BBB cannot do anything about any business which is not a member of the BBB, it is not in any way an official government organization.
A scammer is not going to spend the money to join, though they might fake up a BBB logo to make you imagine they are legit.

Untrue sort of, you can still file a complaint with them and it will show in their searches for that business.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I am doing my own restoration as well. After being shafted by Anthony's AutoBody in Naples Florida where I was scammed for $8500- I gave them 3 deposits at different intervals. QUOTE]

Wow are they still open? I think they would be missing a lot of stuff until I was even ;D

Anthony's AutoBody in Naples Florida ;D

when you post about them use full name and address in every post, it will sow up more in search engines and might give the next guy a heads up.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for sharing AK, I've heard too many stories like this in my short time here, any time I deal with contractors (which I've never referred to Bronco builders as, but I get it) I gotta know somebody that knows somebody that knows them. We should have an angieslist section on here or something...got any pics of current rig or problem areas?

there'll always be someone taking advantage of someone...

Sux to hear