• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Junction boxes - what're you using to keep your wires clean?

sk1nw4lk3r

Alright, at present, I have approximately 65,000 wires connecting off of my starter solenoid/battery posts.

I want to clean it up with a junction box or electrical bus setup.

What is everyone utilizing for this feature? Where do you have it mounted?

This is the type of product I'm considering.

410MXr9VBzL.jpg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's one possibility. And a nice one actually.
It's got a buss-bar in there now, but I wonder if it's sized for a Mega-Fuse, Midi-Fuse or similar protection too?
I think a lot of us are utilizing single stud terminal blocks for ours. That's what the factory did in a lot of older vehicles and the parts were readily available in the junkyards. The old square body '73 to '87/'91 GM Trucks had a nice double stud thing with protective plastic shields that was pretty popular for awhile.
The '88 to '98 GM trucks used more of a terminal strip with multiple attachment points. They look like individual studs, but were connected via a buss-bar too, under the insulator block.
If you're going to be adding more accessories too, and would like individual fuses, you can get an aux fuse panel and also use it's stud for attaching remote junk.

Lots of possibilities.

Paul

Vincen

I used buss bars on my last re wire an will do tge same on this one. They will be used as grounding points tied back to the block and battery neg.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
On a friend's '73 we used one of the GM buss-bars and cut it clean through the insulator and the conductor to separate it into two separate terminal strips.
The one with 2 studs powered some constant powered items and the one with 3 studs was switched power.
Black silicone sealer and a little space in between and no concerns about the two conductors touching in the future.
Worked and looked pretty clean.

Paul

ransil

Bronco Guru
Plan better, if taping off the solenoid the maybe un-fused or you have a bunch of ad on with inline fuses, that is bad planning.
get an aftermarket fuse box to handle ad-ons

Jason72Bronco

Hey sk1nw4lk3r and Local Boy, I'm looking for a junction box like the one you show. Do you have a link to source. I want a central connection point, but not fused. Just a terminal for 4 or 5 hot wires to clean things up.
Thanks, Jason