• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Sway bar bushings

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Could someone point me in the right direction to aquire the 1" rear sway bar bushings for a 1969 bronco (non 76/77). Cannot seem to find them at our sponsors or local parts store

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I'm about 99 percent sure that a rear sway bar was not an OEM option on a 1969 Bronco, which means that you would need to find out who made it in order to find a replacement.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You are dealing with an aftermarket/retrofit part. Any of the aftermarket bushing companies (I use Daystar, local) will have a generic bushing. Usually with a new strap to match the outer shape of the bushing. And a few options for mounting holes.

Now if we are dealing with end link bushings, still the same process.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I was amazed at the selection of poly' Energy Suspension Bushings sitting right on the shelf at my local AutoZone

OP
OP
Remos69

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Thanks bronconut, went by AutoZone this morning and found both the hanger grommets and 1 1/8 bushings, O'Riley and advanced Auto did not have either as I had checked both last week.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Coolness!

Ain't it weird that AutoZone has all those poly bushings? I was surprised, lol.