• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hope they don't water the brand down too much by giving 16 different variants - I guess that works though for some of the other brands out there....

I'm thinking like Jeep has one for everyone Bronco will also, Raptors to watered down base 4cyl and everything in between

Idahorocks

Loc.
Spring, Texas
I thought Ford might be tipping their cards a little when I saw the drafted figures for the retractable canvas top on a boxy 4 door body. Out of curiosity I took those figures and scaled the side view to fit the side of the leaked 2021 Ranger image. The belt line, window line, and base of body matched pretty well. Using cues from the patent drawings, some guesses on the grill, and the body lines from next Ranger I ended up with the renderings below.

8c6c48f38c7bf82526564521ce670050.jpg
78265794a3745ec407fc496a196935fe.jpg

5ce36fbd5aaf6441e93f3f43eda47ee9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have been deep into researching my next and last truck. Most likely a midsize pickup. Current runners are the F150, Jeep Gladiator, Dodge 1500, Ranger, Tacoma.

What I've found is there will be an explosion of vehicles coming 2020 timeframe. Diesel engines being biggest add to Jeep line, Dodge 1500 line.

I really think Ford is going to be to late to little to the dance by the time all the rest of the pack already have their lineup out.

I'm currently holding for the 3.0D Jeep Gladiator, currently being driven in the open, for 2020 model year. Next choice would be the Ranger, given it has a fully tubed frame and highest tow rating even if it is a puny motor. Surprisingly, the jeep matches the Ranger for capacity, it just doesn't really look like a pickup.

Bronco? I have my 73, and unless they can build a new one to compete against a Wrangler, the new one will be second like the ranger is to the gladiator.

mjschneidy

I really think Ford is going to be to late to little to the dance by the time all the rest of the pack already have their lineup out.

Bronco? I have my 73, and unless they can build a new one to compete against a Wrangler, the new one will be second like the ranger is to the gladiator.

Oh don't count Ford out yet, you all will be pleasantly surprised with the Bronco and the new 21MY F150 that comes out in 2020.

But seriously some of the stuff people come up with and report as fact cracks me up!

Last edited:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So my insider source said the Bronco was/has been delayed for testing because something about A pillar welding issues or some such thing?

Hope Ford kicks it out of the park with the Bronco like they keep doing with the mustang. I just keep having the bad feeling they have to make the soccer mom happy.

Geniusloerts

So my insider source said the Bronco was/has been delayed for testing because something about A pillar welding issues or some such thing?

Hope Ford kicks it out of the park with the Bronco like they keep doing with the mustang. I just keep having the bad feeling they have to make the soccer mom happy.

Soccer moms have the expedition, explorer, edge and escape. I have hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
There's a few new things here I haven't read before. It says it will be offered in a rwd and awd version, 4x2 and 4x4. I didn't know it would come in 4x2. It also says the design is finalized, thought they were still tweaking it.

"Finalized", yet we still haven't seen a rendering or an actual masked Bronco being driven and tested around. It's overkill waiting for this Bronco.

However, the Los Angeles Auto Show is in November, closer toward Thanksgiving week. I won't be surprised if they debut it there.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Hopefully the Ford collar and ties will be at Woodward this week and see which of the two bronco areas draws the biggest crowd :cool:

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
"Finalized", yet we still haven't seen a rendering or an actual masked Bronco being driven and tested around. It's overkill waiting for this Bronco.

However, the Los Angeles Auto Show is in November, closer toward Thanksgiving week. I won't be surprised if they debut it there.

Thanksgiving week...... Is it going to be a turkey?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Now I'm starting to think 2021 is too optimistic, maybe it will be the 2022 Bronco?

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
There is no reason to speculate on any of the renderings thus far. They are ALL shots in the dark at this point.