• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

The Bronco Kid

Loc.
Worcester
Put in some floor pan pieces and an inner rocker panel that was too thin, warped under the weight, and was cut out within 25 min and scrapped:cry:, Hopefully I can just fab up my own tomorrow which is what i shouldve just done in the first place..

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Finisdhing up some wiring odds and ends; got starter cables, mega fuse, etc mounted, routed. Finsihed up wiring my tach, and just need to finish wiring up my fuel pump.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
welded in the hand-made rear quarters, plasma cut the front fenders (a slight oops on one) made all the lights work, temporarily screwed in the flares, installed the 35's (way too big), took it for a small illegal ride (no plates, in a cul-de-sac), primed the fresh steel to match the faded paint...prety damn close...

from this...
Bronco13.jpg

to this...in one day...and 2 weeks after shoulder surgery...
35's.jpg

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
welded in the hand-made rear quarters, plasma cut the front fenders (a slight oops on one) made all the lights work, temporarily screwed in the flares, installed the 35's (way too big), took it for a small illegal ride (no plates, in a cul-de-sac), primed the fresh steel to match the faded paint...prety damn close...

from this...
Bronco13.jpg

to this...in one day...and 2 weeks after shoulder surgery...
35's.jpg

Come a long way since that day on the trailer!

markperry

Bronco Guru
My headlights quit working so I ridged them up to the driving lights that were on it when I got it....I know it's not the right way too fix it, But I plan to rewire the whole thing when I get the time and money!

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Changed fuel pump to the correct one, started stripping the front fenders down for repairs, Found some interesting bondo work, they must have had a really messed up grill to add that much bondo over perfectly good sheetmetal. And took her for another spin, a little further this time, I am loving the 300!

shonivey

after chasing wiring for some time and getting everything working I had the dreaded starter "click" was just about ready to torch it when i realised the starter lead had welded itself to the header.... so a stop at autozone this morning on the way home from work and soon as she cools off it will be fixed. grabbed blades for the cherokee arm conversion , just need to shorten em up. stockers float about an inch off of the windshield at speed.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Went to the yard today and got an Explorer Radiator and shroud, taurus fan, explorer water neck and efi plate, and an efi dizzy from a crown vic.

Dbarnes72

Loc.
Eastern Wa.
Cut out the back of my door post to remove the hinge plates with permanently rusted in and twisted off hinge bolts. (6 out of 6 so far). Got lucky and made the hole for the first one exactly the right size and was able to figure out from the top hole where to cut the bottom. Cut new hinge backing plates (metal is too thick) and tapped. Rebuilt one hinge. Ready to put some of this junk back together.

jaroh

Pulled mine out of mothball status today. It's been 3 years since it has moved from the garage. No upgrades, Just needed to be able to use my garage when I need to! Will see if I made E-7, if so the rotted sheet metal will start to be replaced.

svorsp

Rewiring the dash. Using Northwest Auto Wire harness. Very universal, but seems to be ok.

I have been bending Viperwolf1 's ear, thanks a ton Phil.

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Rebuilt my carb and Acutally got to drive the Bronco down the road for the first time a year!