• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another 73 Stroppe

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
It said chassis is original, what exactly is chassis - frame, frame and body, just body? Any history on this one? Too many mods for me to be excited about this one.

House

Minutia Militia
With a few small changes it looks like it would make a nice driver to me...
Like to see old pics!

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have no reason to believe the frame and the majority of the body aren't original on this one. I'm pretty sure the front fenders and grille have been changed. If I have time, I'll dig out the old pics and scan and post.

Todd Z.

mjschneidy

I bought this and would like to know more about its history. Todd, if you have any photos I'd greatly appreciate seeing them. I'd also like to find KRMAN the previous owner.

The winning bidder of the linked ebay auction didn't complete the purchase so I bought from the seller directly about a week ago.

Appears to be solid but like others mentioned it needs a few things put back to original like top, hood, seats, shifter, etc...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I bought this and would like to know more about its history. Todd, if you have any photos I'd greatly appreciate seeing them. I'd also like to find KRMAN the previous owner.

The winning bidder of the linked ebay auction didn't complete the purchase so I bought from the seller directly about a week ago.

Appears to be solid but like others mentioned it needs a few things put back to original like top, hood, seats, shifter, etc...

Very Cool. Congrats !!

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
As promised, here are the photos I took of the truck many years ago. Going on the date codes on them, it looks like I took them a couple of days after Christmas in 2000. Makes sense as I probably had some days off from work and was wandering around looking for Broncos :).

Todd Z.

Attachments

• krmanbaja1.jpg
    krmanbaja1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 316
  • krmanbaja2.jpg
    krmanbaja2.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 316
  • krmanbaja3.jpg
    krmanbaja3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 310
  • krmanbaja4.jpg
    krmanbaja4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 298
  • krmanbaja5.jpg
    krmanbaja5.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 289
  • krmanbaja6.jpg
    krmanbaja6.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 290
  • krmanbaja7.jpg
    krmanbaja7.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 348
  • krmanbaja8.jpg
    krmanbaja8.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

mjschneidy

HOLY CRAP !!! I would have never guessed what I have now once looked like that! Thanks for sharing those, guess I should start a build thread including some of its history as it starts to unfold along with the work I have planned.

Those pictures do explain why it has replacement fenders, doors, and a fiberglass hood and grill. That cobbled up radiator and mounting are still there but on the short list to be fixed.

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Todd....That's incredible...those photos just made me giggle. You Sir are the "Real McCoy".

I love this damn site.
Todd with his photos from 16 years ago of an eb he just happened to have caught before its restoration.
Donk with his .....well...."just everything" damn it! He is an eb Genius!
Monster Mike
Bax
Bowsher
Viper
Franko
Bill
Low
Blu
And yes even Steve83 (he's frankly amazing)

It just goes on and on...
I will always be amazed at the kindness, patience, profound knowledge, and the genuine willingness to share it that can be seen here on the daily.

I am proud to be a member of this community. I only wish that I could contribute on the level of the list of stars above and any I forgot.

Again Todd,
Thank you for all you do for the community.

krman

Krman Here ! Still around...

Hey Krman here and yes thats' one of Five Stroppes I used to own. I have been knee deep in another mustang resto of recent and haven't been watching the bronco lists very much.

This one was found by Todd Z in an old storage lot out in Arizona and he helped me locate the owner when purchased.

It had a hard life and had been rolled over on its top before being parked outside for many years.

The frame and base tub is original but from memory the doors, wwindshield frame, fenders, hood, grill , roll bar and complete interior all had to be sourced from parts vehicles when I purchased.

I probably have original pics from before the wreck, after the wreck and loads of resto pics somewhere I can dig up.

SEND ME YOUR EMAIL via a PM and I will eventually see what I can dig out for you !!

krman

68 1/2 428 Cobra jet Fastback

krman

Stroppe

Oh it's nice,
I believe I pulled a second place Trophy right behind one of Don Peronis immaculate resto the first time I had it out at an Early Bronco meet back in 2002. It's one fine truck no matter how you look at it.I'm just glad I had the chance to save it. Mike- Will see what I can dig out for you as far as old pics go.

Krman

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool - another Baja lands in Michigan! checking out the last pic Todd Z posted it looks like someone swapped the alternator & Power steering pump???

mjschneidy

Cool - another Baja lands in Michigan! checking out the last pic Todd Z posted it looks like someone swapped the alternator & Power steering pump???

Thanks for PM. I'll let you see mine if I can see yours ;)

Its not yet to my standards for venturing much further than around the block, I've only had it since last Wed. Need to get the column fixed up and I believe the seal between the trans and transfer case is leaking. The transfer case is bleeding ATF. My son and I spent much of the weekend power-washing, checking things out, fixing other leaks, and tidying up wiring.

Good catch on the alt / PS, they were in the correct location when I got it.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great snag as many have said. There's your history!! lol. I think Todd had one fender for a while and i had what remained of the other fender..... i turned it into wall art. Will try to post a pic.

OP
OP
toddz69

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

I was looking at that pic when I scanned it and vaguely remembered that the power steering and alternator were backwards. Oddball setup for sure. Glad to hear it's back to normal.

Todd Z.