• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Repair or replace lower quarters?

theshadow

Hey folks - going to start digging into the body work on my 77 and trying to figure out if I should attempt to straighten the lower quarter panels or replace?

Never done any major body work so not too savvy on what the best strategy is here.

I also need to replace the flares or go with a flareless panel (which I would prefer). But I'd I replace the passenger side panels with the integrated/flawless panels, would also need to do the other side to match.

Thoughts?
3af4589d344d13aa8f0b4874b49f3caf.jpg
9fb1c234cdba4d886a199fe4325891b9.jpg
705adae1a940d7ba299f8593fc763a18.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bronco4x4

If no rust through, fix whatever you can. After market panels stink. You will spend more time fitting the off-shore part than you would the original. Another post showed the flared lower quarter not as big an opening as the rivet on flare. There were NOS panels for a 77 on the parts section for crazy money.

Bronco4x4

I forgot to mention that the Dennis Carpenter lower quarters were better than Dynacorns. The horizontal seam has a curve and the Dynacorns were bad. The DC still needed work to fit at the lower rear taillight corners.

OP
OP
theshadow

theshadow

Fair points, I'd rather not mess around installing panels with my amateur body work skills.

Anyone seen flares that can be blended into the quarter panels so they are seamless after paint? I've only ever seen rivet flares.

OP
OP
theshadow

theshadow

You'd think there would be a market for something like that, I can't be the only one...