• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JaxLax builds a Family LUBR

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Did some more work on the steering. Removed the steering stabilizer and it changed nothing. The overall steering MAYBE got a little looser/more responsive, but that's not a big deal and when this is over; I'll probably reinstall the stabilizer because I like it to hold a little more steady.

Also got the rear exhaust cut off and the side exits installed and re-hung. So much better! Now I can ride with the rear hatch open and it's awesome.

Making progress! Slowly just making little improvements (filling holes and removing unused wires) and the like.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0029.jpg
    IMG_0029.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 127

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
One small step at a time.. Looking good

Did some more work on the steering. Removed the steering stabilizer and it changed nothing. The overall steering MAYBE got a little looser/more responsive, but that's not a big deal and when this is over; I'll probably reinstall the stabilizer because I like it to hold a little more steady.

Also got the rear exhaust cut off and the side exits installed and re-hung. So much better! Now I can ride with the rear hatch open and it's awesome.

Making progress! Slowly just making little improvements (filling holes and removing unused wires) and the like.

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Things have been happening, there just isn't really any reason to take pictures...

I spent some time cleaning the underside and have located the leak. It looks like my power steering pump seal has given up. I've probably driven her more in the past month than she's seen in the past 5 years; so it's not surprising. Ordered a reseal kit and should have it done next weekend. Too bad I can't pull stuff now; have to keep it driving daily.

Got the front drivers seat pulled and cleaned/fixed/greased the tracks so my wife can now adjust the seat and drive her more comfortably. She's taken her everyday for the past 2 now. Apparently it's 'not as bad as she remembered' the others and it's a convenient excuse for her to go somewhere without the kids (since we can't put seats in it yet)

But here are some shots from my tree delivery duties yesterday to prove it's driven.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 361
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 216

Jaxgtc

That's calendar material right there Matt. Save it for next year.

Attachments

• Matt Tree.jpg
    Matt Tree.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 99

bsquared

Contributor
JaxLax! Glad to see you found a sled after all! Sorry I couldn't get to that one in Spring to checkout for you. Looks like you're making progress on your "new" ride. Good luck getting to where you want. Cheers, B2

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Pitman arm: FIXED
Cup Holder: INSTALLED

Power Steering Pump: Purchased. Will get to it over the Christmas holiday.
Rear Lights: Eventually. I need to clean out the garage to fit her back in so I can do it at night [everything's thrown asunder due to boxes, ladders out for lights, etc]

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
New Pump.
Who Dis?

Pump no longer belches fluid and with the new pump and flush I CAN TURN THE WHEEL WITH ONE FINGER :eek:;D

Feels like a new car soft.

Attachments

• IMG_0230.jpg
    IMG_0230.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
And so I can stay somewhat on task:

I'm buying a 67 hardtop from a member, so now I need to jump back and make sure the bolts line up on the windshield because I'm stupid and didn't double check the year differences.

Still need to start debugging the rear lights.
And I got some an H4 conversion kit (with new buckets/rings/aiming supplies) so that'll probably be the first thing I attend to so I can drive at night [and not be as weary as I am now].

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Matt,
All the holes won't line up, but no big deal to drill a few extra in the top.
Tyler