• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 U13 Roadster Build - from scratch

snowymtnwolf

Here I go. Dreamt for 10 years and watched eBay and Craigslist for years upon years. Too busy in the Marine Corps and too many moves. But I’m not getting younger. So in Aug 2019 I bought two frames with titles and one body to begin my quest. Assembled all necessary parts and tools and here I go. Jan 1 2020 and diving in.

Today I took the frame off put body on rotisserie.

Please help. God knows I need it. I’m doing it myself with YOUR help Classic Bronco forum and a few other Bronco experts.
ca1ca6b3ae66e035b52d89fc417079f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Let me be the first to welcome you to the addiction. Thank you for your service! It'll be fun to watch the progress. And you can never have enough tools or parts...

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
Let the fun begin! Persistence is the name of the game to get it done. Even if it is only a half an hour on an evening. I did a bunch of that on my build in the basement of my home. Just cleaning little items, taking the dash apart etc.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Good luck with your new quest for 2020. You have come to the best place to learn about your EBs. Do you plan on doing a correct restoration or maybe a resto mod? A 66 roadster is very sought after in the original configuration. Some 66 parts are one year only and are somewhat hard to find, but wont keep you from making it road worthy and enjoyable. We love pictures, so please post more of what you are starting with. Post the VIN if you have it, or better a picture of the warranty tag on the kick panel next to the E brake. we can tell you more about what you got. Like the others have said Thanks for your service.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
66 Broncos are my favorite year. I will be following along also. Good luck!

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome fellow Roadster owner. Also Thank you for your service!
Looks like a great start.
If you haven't already please register your Roadster at
www.roadsteru13.com
thanks

frenchy

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

Good luck with your new quest for 2020. You have come to the best place to learn about your EBs. Do you plan on doing a correct restoration or maybe a resto mod? A 66 roadster is very sought after in the original configuration. Some 66 parts are one year only and are somewhat hard to find, but wont keep you from making it road worthy and enjoyable. We love pictures, so please post more of what you are starting with. Post the VIN if you have it, or better a picture of the warranty tag on the kick panel next to the E brake. we can tell you more about what you got. Like the others have said Thanks for your service.

I “plan” to do a correct restoration. The guy I bought one frame had a pile of original 66 parts. So I have probably 90% of the parts that I need. I’m looking today to see if my frames have those holes for the belly pans. My tailgate needs lower work. And I definitely need a eyebrow grill.

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

cc5f32c1a5a3f954655545e37bad96aa.jpg

I know that I am supposed to replace each floor pan “one at a time” to keep body integrity so nothing shifts drastically. But what order should I go? Front floor pans, wheel wells, then cargo bed area ?

jerrybromley

Contributor
Great project ! I am doing a total body also . I am new to this level of rebuilding . I chose to get the floor boards as a complete unit . I hope that this will minimize as many variables as I can by using the largest pieces I can find. Good luck! I also will be watching your progress. By the way thanks for your service to our country

OP
OP
snowymtnwolf

snowymtnwolf

cdc4061da714a91b4e9374dfbe960658.jpg

I can’t find warranty tag from other. It’s supposedly Somewhere in the pile of parts I received. But otherwise here’s that info U13FL754962. Would like to know more about it until I can find warranty tag and decipher.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If the codes from my '67 manual match up (likely color could be the big difference)

F: 170 6 cylinder
L: Michigan truck plant
092: wheelbase
8: Yellow
7(96): Parchment vinyl - bench
(7)96: Open body (Roadster)
C: 3 speed manual
A3: 4:11 open 2780 pound axle
64: New Orleans district for delivery

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
7 on the 796 is front bucket seats and no rear seat. 196 would be the bench seat.

Our broncos were built on the same day or next most likely.

20150730_082123_zps2i0cbwz1.jpg