Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys

Old 08/24/20, 11:01 PM   #1
migs
Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

NH
Long Travel Single Rear Shock Mounts - new weld on version

***Limited time special*** I'm offering free shipping on these from now through November 30th

New rear shock mounts to provide an alternative way of mounting a single shock in the forward leaning position.
Can also be used in the stock rear position with removal of the factory mount and provided there is enough clearance under the body.

This is an updated design of the previous version, I made a few minor changes and they are a little lighter as well. They are meant to be welded on.

They are designed to fit a longer than stock shock and will work with a 1" or taller body lift. A 1" lift will require minor trimming of the lower wheel tub lip under the floor, any body lift taller than 1" should not require any trimming.
The mounting base could also be cut down to allow for fitment with no body lift.

The mounts are tilted upward slightly to better match the angle of the shock.
Shock length will ultimately depend upon suspension lift and travel, where the rear axle is positioned and location of the upper and lower mounts.

The shock mounting tabs have an 1-1/2" inner spacing and holes for 1/2" bolts.
They are only available as bare steel, You will need to to paint or coat them as You see fit.

Lower shock mounts are not included, there are many options out there and differing ideas on how and where to fit them.

+++Please be advised, if planning on using Bilstein 7100 model shocks with remote reservoir, there can be clearance issues that may need to be dealt with due to the hose fitting angle where it exits the shock body.+++

Sold in sets consisting of a left and right shock mount.

The price per set is $195.00 *Free shipping*.

Please send me a private message if interested or with any questions. Thank You.

I try to keep a set or two on hand ready to go. otherwise, I do typically try to have the components ready to go together so I can get them out quickly as needed. The pictures shown on the rusty frame are for reference, actual positioning would be determined by purchaser/installer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0288.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	507380   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0289.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	507381   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	507382   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	507383  

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	507384   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	507385   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	507386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	507387  

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	507388  

Last edited by migs; 11/18/20 at 08:31 AM..

migs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/25/20, 06:48 PM   #2
bronconut73
Contributor
Bronco Guru

How did you do that?

Orlando
Garage
Subscribed.

Love your stuff Bud

'73, 3.5" sl, XL RS9's, F-250 mounts, Duff long arms, 1" bl, 35" MTZ's, C-4, twin sticked, P.S., built 351W, Exp Serp, F&R Detroits, 4.11's, chromo axles, 11 leaf packs, SuperJoints, Chevy front disc, BC rear disc, BC Vintage a/c, Scat Procar 2K seats, Alpine/Pioneer, Bear, Cobra 148 GTL/Texas Star.
bronconut73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/20, 08:01 AM   #3
rguest3
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Lakewood Ranch
Garage
How much higher are these compared to the stock rear shock mount?

1977 - Ford Iconic Silver, 357w, Sniper, AX-15, Coil-Overs, 4-Link Rear, Hydro PDB, PS
1976 - Ford Magnetic Paint, 410 Cleveland, Sniper, 4R70W, Atlas, Hydro PDB, PS, TDK Frame
1969 - Gobi Paint, Sniper 306, AT, PDB, PS, LUBR
1971 - Boxwood Green, Sniper 351C, WR Top Loader, PDB, PS
rguest3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/20, 07:38 PM   #4
chrlsful

1/2 Cab

Amherst, MA
it sez 1 inch I believe, but again, depends on where placed along the frame...

Chad - '70 LUEB 1/2 cab on '77 frame (ie D44, PS, 4.11 BB trapezoidal 9"), 4.2L, RBS carb, NV 3550 / 'T' D20/PTO, 2" SL, 1" BL, 4 discs, 33x9.5, tool boxes, etc. Seeking: Hydraulic Gear Motor for Koenig PTO, chrlsful@aol.com
chrlsful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/26/20, 10:07 PM   #5
migs
Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

NH
I'm not sure on exactly how much higher they are, a lot could depend on location and where things are measured from...
I can tell you though that the center of the shock mounting tabs on my mounts are just shy of three inches up from the top of the frame rail. Compared to the factory mounts and all things being equal, I would say they would be at least a couple inches higher.

Old 09/01/20, 08:24 PM   #6
RH

My home is protected by the Good Lord and a gun.

Cortez Co.
Those are very nice.
“Rusty frame” that’s an understatement!
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/29/20, 10:57 AM   #7
mp
Bronco Guru

Austin, TX
Yippee! Will place an order soon.

RLTW!!!
mp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/20, 11:24 AM   #8
EricLar80
Contributor
Bronco Guru

73BRNCO

eBay: EricLar80
Garage
How would you deal with the potential interference between the remote reservoir on the 7100 shock and this mount?

1973, Dana 60 rear, HD Dana 44 front, 4-wheel disc, fuel injected 393W w/Moates QH, 4r70w w/Optishift
EricLar80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/08/20, 09:27 PM   #9
chrlsful

1/2 Cab

Amherst, MA
$/time (mock-it-up)

Chad - '70 LUEB 1/2 cab on '77 frame (ie D44, PS, 4.11 BB trapezoidal 9"), 4.2L, RBS carb, NV 3550 / 'T' D20/PTO, 2" SL, 1" BL, 4 discs, 33x9.5, tool boxes, etc. Seeking: Hydraulic Gear Motor for Koenig PTO, chrlsful@aol.com
chrlsful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/20, 06:40 AM   #10
tasker
Contributor
all knowing of nothing

It's a jeep thing? you're all morons

The granite state

My Gallery
Garage
AMAZING per usual my friend!! nice work!

tasker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/20, 08:20 AM   #11
migs
Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

NH
thanks bud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLar80 View Post
How would you deal with the potential interference between the remote reservoir on the 7100 shock and this mount?
They will clear if the hose is pointed up, but In my case the tires were tucked in so far and close to the shock body that I wasn't comfortable mounting the reservoir on the shock body and risk it being torn off by the tire.
They do typically physically fit with the hose located under the shock mount, but depending on the angle and how much they move during travel is where the interference issues can come into play.
Basically, the more upright they are the more likely they are to hit vs than if the shock was layed down more at an angle. Also, on this latest version of my mounts the tabs are slightly shorter and that could possibly lead to a little more leeway.
On my Bronco with the 7100's I ended up cutting the end of the tube off the shock mount along with the outer mounting tab and made a reinforced single tab to mount the shock eye against.
It's tough to say definitively what would be the best solution without first mocking things up as there are many variables with different builds and set ups.

Old 11/18/20, 08:44 AM   #12
migs
Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

NH
***Limited time special***

I'm offering free shipping on these through November 30th

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat > Vendor Forum & Current Mass Buys