• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Softopper (another soft top option?)

bchesley

I just need to finish instructions and paperwork. This will be part of the new stuff coming out this year. Call Kat and get on the list to order one.

Will it fit all existing BC tops? If so I am really interested in one. Thanks

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Yes and if we ever get power at the shop
You can call and get on the list.
Looks like it is going to snow all day again tomorrow.
Are town is mostly out of power, water, gas and about out of propane.
I hope it warms up soon.

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Hello 1st Gen Bronco owners!

We are still investigating as to whether or not we will be creating a model for your truck in the near future. My manager was wondering if any of you have used another soft top on your truck in the past? If so, please write back and let us know what brand you used and what you did/didn’t like about it. I am hoping with enough feedback from you guys we can band together and convince her of the need for a new design. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Amy
Softopper Customer Service
info@softopper.com
(303) 304-0533
(800) 810-7227

I recieved this email today as I'm sure others as well..

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I received the same email yesterday as well. I sent in my comments, I hope they decide to go forward.

OP
OP
C

CW72

Weirdly enough I haven’t gotten the email yet, but please respond if you get it! We can give them a ton of things to consider to hopefully build us an awesome product.

I’m glad they’re asking the community, feel like that doesn’t happen enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaggyroe

An update that I wanted to share...

I checked back in with Softopper. They have been busy enough that they haven't dedicated any time to researching or developing an E.B. top.

If it happens at all, I suspect it'll be quite some time before we see anything.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Well, this sucksÂ…Â…Â….

1st Gen Bronco Update

Hello Bronco enthusiasts,

I apologize it took so long to get back to you. Unfortunately, our parent company has decided against Softopper creating a model for the 66-77 Bronco. I am hoping one day to revisit this topic with them as we get more inquiries, but as of now it looks like it will not be going forward. Thank you all for the support and assistance in trying to make this happen! I truly appreciate it 😃 Please let me know if you need anything in the future.

Sincerely,

Amy
Softopper Customer Service
info@softopper.com
(303) 304-0533
(800) 810-7227

Bronco4x4

I received the same E-mail. I replied that I do not plan to buy their parent company's soft top (Bestop) due to it's design and am looking at their competitors.

OP
OP
C

CW72

Received it as well. It's really too bad, I thought there was definitely room for another option.

We certainly tried and I want to thank all of you that reached out and tried to help me push this along. Maybe next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thiswildbronco

Hey Jason,

I'm wondering what these "trick new upgrades" are that you mentioned.
Also, I received my top from you back in May of last year and this INCLUDED the headliner, so I wonder what other mods you may have made to the top since then.

I have yet to mount the canvas (my build is a 4-year process 🤬) but the frame is installed and seems stellar!

Thanks!

We got 15 in, we will be shipping tops next week. We got 5 assembled today but they couldn't produce the labels fast enough, fedex came early due to the ice storms. Looks like Monday may be way worse.
We made a few changes to the top that you guys will like. These small details will allow for for some really trick new upgrades we will be unveiling soon.

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Those options will be part of the 25 new products for this year so I can't reveal anything yet.
Because of supply chain issues we are making sure we have the items in stock prior to unveiling them, no matter how close the manufacturer says they are to being available.
I have quite a few ready to go we're just waiting on the stock to come in before we announce them.

thiswildbronco

I'll "Stay tuned!"!!

Thanks Jason - good luck

Those options will be part of the 25 new products for this year so I can't reveal anything yet.
Because of supply chain issues we are making sure we have the items in stock prior to unveiling them, no matter how close the manufacturer says they are to being available.
I have quite a few ready to go we're just waiting on the stock to come in before we announce them.