• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Softopper (another soft top option?)

Dfroman

they reached 31 inquiries.
said he will speak with his manager tomorrow

OP
OP
C

CW72

I’m in. This is what I sent. >>

Hello. I am an online member of classicbroncos.com and would be interested in buying a soft top from your company. I am looking for a white top with removable clear windows for my 1971 Ford Bronco.

Ooh white would be a cool option, idk if they make a top in that yet. Thanks for sending that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sent an email yesterday and they told me 30 people also. I expressed what I would like to see in a top and what I didn't like about the others.

OP
OP
C

CW72

I sent an email yesterday and they told me 30 people also. I expressed what I would like to see in a top and what I didn't like about the others.

Awesome, I hope they’re listening to the community.

OP
OP
C

CW72

Email Sent,
White would be my first choice,

Thank you! A white option has come up a few times, I wonder if they have a source for their material in that color. It’d be smart to offer, even if it ended up made-to-order.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
My friend has a softopper on his scout. I don't recall the price but the quality was very, very good.

One thing for consideration is that they have Clear AND Tinted window options.

OP
OP
C

CW72

My friend has a softopper on his scout. I don't recall the price but the quality was very, very good.

One thing for consideration is that they have Clear AND Tinted window options.

Good to hear! I’ll pass that along when I talk to them next, if you haven’t already can you send that over as a suggestion to them? More people repeating these things will help us get these options out of the gate.

KyddsPly

Hopefully they account for roll cages. I noticed the first gen k5 top in their video is on a trick without a cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
C

CW72

Hopefully they account for roll cages. I noticed the first gen k5 top in their video is on a trick without a cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’d can’t imagine they wouldn’t, but I’ll mention it, would be silly to have it not be compatible.

Bronco4x4

Good point with roll cage clearance. We also should mention using a track system that bolts to the bed rails (existing hard top bolt holes) and velcro attachment to the rear tail gate similar to Kayline/Rampage style.

As mentioned earlier >> Removable clear windows are desired. I would purchase a set of tinted windows if offered as well.

OP
OP
C

CW72

Good point with roll cage clearance. We also should mention using a track system that bolts to the bed rails (existing hard top bolt holes) and velcro attachment to the rear tail gate similar to Kayline/Rampage style.

As mentioned earlier >> Removable clear windows are desired. I would purchase a set of tinted windows if offered as well.

I would absolutely advise them to use the existing holes for the hard top like the others offer. The rear however (and if you look very closely at the late model blazer, I’ll try and attach a pic) has a rod that goes across the lower part of the window and clips into the rails. This eliminates any need for a track to be screwed to the tailgate or Velcro to be used unless you’d like to add an extra stick to it. It will also allow you to lower the tailgate without undoing the rear window (I love this accessibility)

Based on their other offerings and style, I do not know if they would provide a zip-out window for these. All of their other tops use a roll up “safari” style look of the old STC and Kayline tops. I can inquire about ordering a top with either tinted or clear, but zip out may be an entirely other thing.

I do see on their site an offer for a “mesh screen panel” that can be interchanged for the rear window as well that may be an option for us.

OP
OP
C

CW72

c0e207578c738e37a0d9197ca2b85848.jpg

Rear bar I’m talking about in the lower left hand corner. I don’t know how big this pic will turn out but hopefully it gives you an idea.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
One of you needs to offer up your Bronco as the Bronco they use to build the prototype. That’s what a guy on FSB did to get them to make one for a 78-79.

Just make sure the one they use has a full family cage that fits under a hardtop.

OP
OP
C

CW72

One of you needs to offer up your Bronco as the Bronco they use to build the prototype. That’s what a guy on FSB did to get them to make one for a 78-79.

Just make sure the one they use has a full family cage that fits under a hardtop.

I’ll find a guy local or use mine. Have to see if I even qualify, mine is a little dinged up.

If not the local group could probably lend a hand.

Bronco4x4

Thanks for the tailgate photo. Looks good. No zip out windows is not a show stopper but would eliminate the need for a safari top. Some more thoughts are to make sure the Bestop negatives don’t get applied >> (a) Center Bow is too high (some garage door fit problems and imo bad appearance and (b)Front winshield attachment requires the top to be slid in from the side. My Kayline (Rampage style) has a mounting sleeve in the top that just clips over the top of the windshield frame and clips in.

OP
OP
C

CW72

Thanks for the tailgate photo. Looks good. No zip out windows is not a show stopper but would eliminate the need for a safari top. Some more thoughts are to make sure the Bestop negatives don’t get applied >> (a) Center Bow is too high (some garage door fit problems and imo bad appearance and (b)Front winshield attachment requires the top to be slid in from the side. My Kayline (Rampage style) has a mounting sleeve in the top that just clips over the top of the windshield frame and clips in.

I have sort of a rolling list going so I’ll put it out there. Definitely do not like the huge bestop bow so that will be mentioned. I have a rampage as well, that feature for undoing it and flipping back is quick/easy. I intend on giving them my rampage to take notes off of if they’d like it, it’ll go in the dumpster afterwords anyway.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
I sent them one today. Threw in the clear option as well. Hope it pans out!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I’ll find a guy local or use mine. Have to see if I even qualify, mine is a little dinged up.

If not the local group could probably lend a hand.

I see this is posted on CCB. Where on FB did you post it? Have yo posted it on the Colorado Early Bronco Group?