• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

master list of body codes and trim codes

cscotted

Contributor
does anyone have access to the master list of body and trim codes for 77?

im trying to figure out exactly what color interior carpet my bronco had

77 SD

code MPV ( should be RV)

Last edited:

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
What is in the Body field on your glovebox warranty plate? MPV (Multi Purpose Vehicle) is usually found in the Type field on the certification label on the drivers door post.

OP
OP
cscotted

cscotted

Contributor
your correct.. I took that off the b pillar label and didn't think twice about it. ha ha, my mistake..

RV is the code im trying to figure out..

I need to find a 1977 Ford color and upholstery book..

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
A ‘77 Special Decor would have come with black rubber mats, not carpet. The “RV” code appears to refer to parchment vinyl bucket seats with no rear seat.

I have not found a definitive list of body codes but, you can do a forum search for “body code rv” by typing this in your browser address bar:
body code rv site:classicbroncos.com

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is there a list of these interior / trim codes available somewhere?

OP
OP
cscotted

cscotted

Contributor
slow leak,

thanks but I have already searched prior to starting this thread and read other peoples guesses...at other peoples random broncos...but if someone can produce actual literature ( not just a sales pamphlet) we can all be certain and not have to guess anymore or recall from memory what we believe to be correct.

I was wanting to see if anyone has the actual trim color and upholstery book....that would've been used to special order a bronco from back in the day.

My Marti report says my bronco came with a rear seat.. my bronco does have a rubber floor mat (what's left ) and it also has carpet with trim rings..it also has some other things that contradict a lot of other statements that have been made about Special decor.

I appreciate everyones help on this, im just trying to find actual literature on the subject.

full size ford trucks have great resources for this on their web pages, however broncos don't fall into their coding..

again...thanks to anyone who can provide or point me in a direction to find ford literature that can decipher interior trim codes..( not just seat color like Marti report does)

OP
OP
cscotted

cscotted

Contributor
anyone have history on this metal tag.. what it denotes or is called?

Attachments

• random metal tag.HEIC
    274.1 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
cscotted

cscotted

Contributor
better picture..hopefully

Attachments

• random metal tag jpg.jpg
    random metal tag jpg.jpg