• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Happy Birthday" to "fordfan"!!!!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...oh no.... Somebody 'let the cat out of the bag'... Thanks Fellows... I think I'm getting old.

Hey. I bet nobody knew that NGABronco once performed with Dolly Parton! Wow, ole Ben can sing "Happy Birthday" to perfection!!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
HAppy Birthday Dennis!!!!! Hope it was a good one. We will have to get a bunch of us together at townsend and do a little celebration.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
BELATED AS WELL, Happy birthday to a stand up brother!! Rock on Dennis!!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Happy birthday Dennis. Don’t eat too much cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys! It's one of those things we all have every year! ....whether we like it or not... I'm getting to the place that they seem to hurt a little more than they once did...:(

Half Cab referenced 'sign man'.... This is what was I was doing on my birthday: We designed, built, and installed a shopping center sign for an attorney in April 2106. Three weeks ago, he calls me in a frantic telling me that his sign is falling! I was thinking 'Oh crap'.... I remembered the sign, but not all the details......

After pulling the file on the job, I remembered that we removed an old sign from the property but the owner wanted to save a little money by reusing the existing support steel. The steel was a 6" steel pole that went directly into the concrete slab of the parking lot. We discussed that no one knew anything about the footing details, but if the owner would accept the responsibility, we would use the old pole. So.... three years later, its about the fall!!..... It turns out after we remove the old pole, that it was only in the ground about 28" and with no... that is zero!...concrete around it except for the 6" thick parking lot. This sign is 27' Tall!!!!!! How it didn't fall is amazing!!

Anyway.... it's pay me now or pay me later.... We removed the complete sign structure, sawed out the concrete, dug a new footing, set new pole, and poured a footing and curbed area for the sign base. We will let it cure for a few days and reinstall the components...

Attachments

• Olde Town Plaza 1.0.JPG
    Olde Town Plaza 1.0.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Olde Town Plaza 1.1.JPG
    Olde Town Plaza 1.1.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey now, Birthdays are to be celebrated, that's what we all long for, to live another year!!!;D;D;D

Sorry you had to work!!! Better luck next year!!!;D;D;D

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Happy birthday Buddy! I forgot to tell you that earlier today. I see the new boom truck is getting some use too? If I had your money I would not work on my birthday.;D