• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

GA WTB C4 Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbbronco

Looking for a C4 transmission with adapter to convert my '72 bronco to an auto. Have the steering column and shift linkage. Preferably somewhere in Georgia or the southeast. Thanks!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
You ever locate a C4? I have a C4, adapter, and t-case if still needed. I'm about 5 hours south of you.

OP
OP
D

dbbronco

Yes I am still looking - is it an original out of a bronco? condition? Thanks!

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
It was part of a rolling frame I got. I just wanted the frame for a body cart so I never paid much attention to it until you ask. I assumed it was a Bronco transmission, but I just noticed the filler tube would go into the case. The guy I bought it from kept insisting it was brand new, but I think it's rebuilt and he did not know any better. Either way it looks great, and has not been used yet. It has been on the frame unused for a few years now. Actually, it's never been used since it was new (or rebuilt) according to the guy I bought it from. That could impact seals??? Anyhow, because I have no proof of it being new or rebuilt I'm only comfortable selling it and saying it should be gone thru. It looks so fresh though that if I were to use I'd actually try it first. Nothing to lose but tranny fluid and time. I was thinking $600 for the tranny and $200 for the adapter.

Sorry for the long post...just want to get all the details to you.

Let me know if interested,
Tyler

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• DSC01904.JPG
    DSC01904.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01903.JPG
    DSC01903.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01902.JPG
    DSC01902.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
D

dbbronco

I am no expert on these things but from what I’ve read the broncos had a pan fill transmission and the case on the 70s version of the C4 looked a little different with a hump near the bell housing. Doesn’t mean I’m not interested. Looks pretty good and I’m always looking for an excuse to go to the beach! But there’s another fellow that has responded that has what appears to be an orignal out of a bronco and I may go that direction if we can work it out. Thanks for sending me this. I may follow up with you depending. David

Status
Not open for further replies.