• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BAT Craziness

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
At 90 k and 7 days left

That truck looks so much better with that tire/wheel combo than the one it had when it sold last fall on BaT here in AZ. Thankfully, both sets come with the rig so if your tastes run to black wheels, you can be happy too.

I doubt the truck will ever see any serious trail time but considering the output of that powertrain and the rest of the quality of the build, I'd at least put a Dana 44 under it.

Todd Z.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I dont think a lot of people knew that $206K Bronco was wrapped. There was not a lot of detail showing the paint. Amazing interior, engine, suspension etc but thats a lot to pay not knowing what's under the wrap.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I dont think a lot of people knew that $206K Bronco was wrapped. There was not a lot of detail showing the paint. Amazing interior, engine, suspension etc but thats a lot to pay not knowing what's under the wrap.

Yes, that was the head scratcher for me as well. I don't want to take away from the build as it was kind of cool but one of the reasons the high dollar cars go for so much is the cost to do the paintwork. While this may have nice paint under it, it never said so. If you look at the areas not wrapped it looks like flat black almost primer finish.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Yes, that was the head scratcher for me as well. I don't want to take away from the build as it was kind of cool but one of the reasons the high dollar cars go for so much is the cost to do the paintwork. While this may have nice paint under it, it never said so. If you look at the areas not wrapped it looks like flat black almost primer finish.

The price is, what the price is and someone was willing to pay end of story.

I think the price is crazy however.

As far as the wrap, as good quality wrap is not cheap. I have a friend who charges more for a jeep than a lot of other vehicles because of the time it takes to make it look good because of panels seams and breaks in the body. I can only assume a bronco would be similar.

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The price is, what the price is and someone was willing to pay end of story.

I think the price is crazy however.

As far as the wrap, as good quality wrap is not cheap. I have a friend who charges more for a jeep than a lot of other vehicles because of the time it takes to make it look good because of panels seams and breaks in the body. I can only assume a bronco would be similar.

Agree the market dictates but that is what this thread is all about. Yes a wrap is not cheap but in comparison it is. A good wrap can be had for 4k where quality paint can exceed 20k.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
buyers that pays those prices have money to burn. it's probably a tax write off for them.
Value of money is a lot different for those who makes lots of it...

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With the number of RNMs on the Denvers on BaT, I'm surprised they allow such high reserves. That one should've gone down the road.

Todd Z.

I thought so too. But then these sellers are seeing ones like the plain red one that went last week for 80k probably thinking the Denver is worth considerably more.

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
A friend of mine is selling a 46 ford woody really nice car BAT set the Reserve at $62,000 he wouldn't go that low so he didn't list it not sure what the car is worth these days

Attachments

• DF6B0A8A-B37A-472C-9EDB-92256E0EDB89.jpeg
    DF6B0A8A-B37A-472C-9EDB-92256E0EDB89.jpeg
    183.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 88E634D5-5931-43C0-8A40-E43ED3E6678E.jpg
    88E634D5-5931-43C0-8A40-E43ED3E6678E.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 57

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Beautiful car, limited market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro