• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yeller's Broncno Build: New Adventures!

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Thanks Ken!

Missed you last week, we managed to have fun without you:p

The stance is easy, lift the front enough to level it out, bolt on some big tires and wittle away at the sheet metal till they fit, or just throw away all that bronco stuff under there and build from scratch... :)

Really missed not being there. Looking at all the pictures people posted each day didn't help much either. :p

The whole build from scratch thing actually sound like a neat thing to do. I'm not that talented but it would be fun to give it a try.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Really missed not being there. Looking at all the pictures people posted each day didn't help much either. :p

The whole build from scratch thing actually sound like a neat thing to do. I'm not that talented but it would be fun to give it a try.

With Todds help.you would be.alright

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Did you happen to save your dimensions by chance?

x2.... Lol

I think that would require that I planned it that well outside of my noodle and didn't draw it on the floor in chalk....... if you can figure out how to extract them we'll all be rich;D

Actually in all seriousness the frame is 32" on center from the front bumper to the back of the tcase and then it bumps out to 38" to the back bumper. The rise in the front at the fire wall is 9" and drops down 4" at the grill. the rise in the rear is 4" right at the "B" pillar of the cage. its all 4x2 11ga from the rise in the rear to the front bumper. its 3x2 11ga from the rise in the rear to the back bumper. I don't remember the rest of the dimensions, I fit it to the tub and if it cleared it was good and if it didn't it was adjusted. doing it again, I would push the rear step up back about 2-1/2", it sticks up through the floor with the lowered seat pans, with a stock pan it would be fine.

Now that I've typed all of that if your really interested I'd be willing to take the time and draw up the basic frame and send it to you.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
That's about what I had seen when I was looking it over. Jamey did take some measurements at OCBR to get a better idea. I didn't think that your frame rails were that wide though.

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I wish you guys lived closer. We do some awesome long overnighters and 3 day'rs out West you'd love.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I wish you guys lived closer. We do some awesome long overnighters and 3 day'rs out West you'd love.

for sure..... The one thing I really miss about wheeling out west is the space. most all we have here is pay parks or forest service roads and most of those are gated. I'm really addicted to exploring and its really hard for me to get that fix in my home state, I usually have to go to Arkansas to do any exploring off the beaten path and at that its still limited, nothing like it is to the west where you can go for days and not see another human.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
That's about what I had seen when I was looking it over. Jamey did take some measurements at OCBR to get a better idea. I didn't think that your frame rails were that wide though.

my front end was all ready set up for rails that wide and I knew I could get everything inside them that I needed to. The original thought with the rear being that wide was I coudl use a heep TJ tank and get 20+ gallons of fuel with the 4" stretch, internal pump and not hang down any further than my current tank CJ that I'm now figuring out how to do an internal pump. I can't do the TJ tank idea, I ran out of room for things like a muffler....

part of the reason for the 9" rise in the front was to clear the drag link and track bar, I still had to cut 1" out for them to clear. at full bump there is a 1/8" of clearnce to the harmonic balancer. and 3/16" to the oil pan

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
You have more room than I do!! My oil pan is real close to my track bar.... Unmeasurable distance!

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
You have more room than I do!! My oil pan is real close to my track bar.... Unmeasurable distance!
LOL I can relate, I did a lot of triming and checking, I didn't want any chance that I could impact the cast aluminum oil pan, they tend to crack and ruin your day......

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I think that would require that I planned it that well outside of my noodle and didn't draw it on the floor in chalk........

Seems I remember either you or Gordon or both of you talking about this.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. If you have the time. ;D

broncokak

Bronco Guru
LOL I can relate, I did a lot of triming and checking, I didn't want any chance that I could impact the cast aluminum oil pan, they tend to crack and ruin your day......

I need to rethink the cast aluminum oil pan I have. The drivers side exhaust passes under the pan and then down to the single muffler on the passengers side. I see this summer I managed to crush that crossover pipe between something and the bottom of the oil pan. :eek:

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I need to rethink the cast aluminum oil pan I have. The drivers side exhaust passes under the pan and then down to the single muffler on the passengers side. I see this summer I managed to crush that crossover pipe between something and the bottom of the oil pan. :eek:

Yeah if i had the funds when I did the motor I'd be running a PacFab steel pan, but they are close to $500, it would also allow me to make skid flat instead of the 3" drop under the pan, but its still not lower than the drive shaft and hasn't received any excessive lovin at least yeat anyway:)

Stay after me I'll have a quite rainy day and make a drawing.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I have a stock steel pan I really should swap in. At least it would dent instead of split open.

OK, I've got your number! ;D