• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Starting a build thread

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looks good man! get them bugs worked out and ring it to the car show in Pentwater this october

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
Thanks Rydog , Do you have the date for the Show?
I chased down a vacuum leak and a plug wire that fell off so it runs much better now. I also made changes to the carb jetting and timing.
Tomorrow I gonna get an appointment to get the wheels aligned ( don't want to wreck those new tires)

Last edited:

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
OCT 9th & 10th I'm assuming its on the saturday of Octoberfest here!

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
Thanks for the info Rydog. I am planning on attending . See You there !

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the info Rydog. I am planning on attending . See You there !

sounds good! i usually park in front of my shop but i think it would be cool if we could park together, I'll see if I can get Jordan to bring his too!

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
Sounds Good Rydog....
On the way to have the wheels aligned this morning I had a rocker arm come loose. Man What a racket , backfiring through the carb I thought I had really fouled something up. I had a tow truck bring me home. :mad: Pulled the valve covers and found the nut had backed off on #2 exhaust rocker arm and found others that seemed too loose .I ordered new rocker nuts . I hope I can just install and adjust the valves again .

Last edited:
OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
The new rocker nuts are installed. I ran a compression check on #2 cylinder and had the same pressure that I had before this :eek: So I didn't burn a valve and the motor seems to run well . I have another appointment for wheel alignment on Tues. I hope the trip to town goes better than last time :-[

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
awesome man, Jordan's wife said she saw you broke down on PM highway but didn't realize it was you till later!

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
Yea ..I hate she made such a poor first impression , but every nut and bolt has been taken apart and put back so... do-do happens %)

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ha, I replaced every single night and bolt on mine and figured it would be trouble free right off the bat! As you know now things don't always go to plan and they find a way of breaking down on you LOL

OP
OP
jerrybromley

jerrybromley

Contributor
Yea not my first rodeo :D I had my wife following me so I at least had company waiting for the tow truck . The good news is no harm done she's back on the road again and better than ....well... better than ever ;D