• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build for sale

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In an effort to get some thoughts from the community and maybe stir crap up I'd like to get ideas how you would build a Bronco for sale on BAT. Absolutely 100% make as much $$ as possible taking a pile and building a QUALITY rig for sale. Not shopped to the Bronco purists but to the generally ignorant public. Color, drive train, interior, wheels and tires, axles, etc. fire away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lots of competing issues here:

100% make as much $$ as possible taking a pile and building a QUALITY rig for sale. Not shopped to the Bronco purists but to the generally ignorant public. Color, drive train, interior, wheels and tires, axles, etc. fire away!

not sure what you are asking.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The comments on BAT seem to have a lot of influence on the selling price. I would find the broncos that bring the most money, and start reading the "Iike and dislike"
comments.

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Nice paint, interior, new tires and sharp looking wheels, no cosmetic defects or rust.

I believe a slight restomod seems to show as much or more value on BAT as uncut EBs, therefore: EFI with a clean looking engine bay, 2.5 or so inch lift, cut fenders with really nice fender flares, dual shocks at least in front, power steering, automatic, good roll bar or clean cage.

A nice clean dashboard with perfect OEM gauges or a nice digital gauge cluster. In-dash air conditioning would definitely be a value add, but those hokie under dash units don't do anything for appearance and I suspect they don't increase the value for the type of individual who shopping for an EB based on image.

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's what I'm looking for JonnieB!
There seems to be a certain “type” of build that sells well on BAT. Usually with a Coyote motor. Not sure why that's so appealing. Not looking to get advice on a build really, I have my own ideas after doing two ground up builds. Pure hobby for me.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Nice paint, interior, new tires and sharp looking wheels, no cosmetic defects or rust.

I believe a slight restomod seems to show as much or more value on BAT as uncut EBs, therefore: EFI with a clean looking engine bay, 2.5 or so inch lift, cut fenders with really nice fender flares, dual shocks at least in front, power steering, automatic, good roll bar or clean cage.

A nice clean dashboard with perfect OEM gauges or a nice digital gauge cluster. In-dash air conditioning would definitely be a value add, but those hokie under dash units don't do anything for appearance and I suspect they don't increase the value for the type of individual who shopping for an EB based on image.

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

The above including:
Coyote. Power steps. Larger rear tire carrier. Backup camera. Center console with screen (see backup camera), bluetooth, USB power, etc. Soft top. Some added interior lighting (sills, overhead).

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Visit classicfordbroncos.com and take notes. They have a good formula IMO - really nice interior, 2.5 lift, horse power, posh and simple at the same time.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If I were going to build one to auction I would model it on this one. It is not over the top, not real high end parts like Coyote swaps etc. It is just a clean tasteful build with the right color. The molded in flares give it a classy look without too much cost, the boxwood green is a fan favorite and the lift/tire combo are the most successful. It brought 152K. I have a rust free boxwood that has a near perfect body that with 50k I could be here. That would be a serious profit for my time. But I am not going to do it, Ill leave that to the shops that do it for a living.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-ford-bronco-68/

OP
OP
M

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All great comments and suggestions. I'm going to build a nice one for my wife. I've got a 408 to use. Haven't decided on trans yet. She likes the 5 speed in her present Bronco but may look at 4R70. Too much work to do Coyote swap.

omureebe

I'd copy whatever A-Rod got from J-Lo. I mean..... that's the audience you're going for right?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Twin turbo Coyote, keep the dana 30 and small bearing 9" with stock gears.
Lift it on at least 37s.
Do a quality front floor replacement so the under car shots look good, then paint everything on the chassis and bottom of the floor in chassis black.
Bondo the rust in the rockers and give it a slick looking paint job.
Big wheel package over a set of wilwoods.
Clean the dash up a bit, maybe an aftermarket gauge.
Aftermarket steering wheel and spend a little money on seats (leather).

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Twin turbo Coyote, keep the dana 30 and small bearing 9" with stock gears.
Lift it on at least 37s.
Do a quality front floor replacement so the under car shots look good, then paint everything on the chassis and bottom of the floor in chassis black.
Bondo the rust in the rockers and give it a slick looking paint job.
Big wheel package over a set of wilwoods.
Clean the dash up a bit, maybe an aftermarket gauge.
Aftermarket steering wheel and spend a little money on seats (leather).

Funny but pretty accurate for a lot of the auction flippers

OP
OP
M

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It is! The way I'd build this would be wasted on that crowd. Project started life as a new desert race truck so it'll have tube front. 408 that I had in the race truck till I replaced it with 427. Good running motor should put a smile on anyone's face. I also have a TruHi9 with 4:56 and wilwood brakes. Probably do a Currie D44 again, very impressed with the one they built for me previously. Rears already cut for flares. Thinking fiberglass full top rather than restoring the one I have. The rear wheel wells have been widened so not much room for a bench seat. Maybe put in a single bucket.